SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hard to load P220 .45 mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hard to load P220 .45 mags Login/Join 
posted
For a while now I've had a hard time loading my Sig factory P220 .45 8 rd. mags. They certainly aren't new anymore and I still have to use a Maglula loader. I've tried leaving them loaded for weeks at a time. They are clean. My Act 8 rd mags I've been able to easily load with my fingers since new. Any suggestions?

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22940:
For a while now I've had a hard time loading my Sig factory P220 .45 8 rd. mags. They certainly aren't new anymore and I still have to use a Maglula loader. I've tried leaving them loaded for weeks at a time. They are clean. My Act 8 rd mags I've been able to easily load with my fingers since new. Any suggestions?
I suggest you continue to use the Maglula

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My California-purchased P226 X5 came with SIG ten-round mags. Getting the tenth round in was a bitch, even using my UpLULA.

A window briefly opened, allowing us to buy full capacity mags. I bought MEC-GAR, and found them MUCH easier to load.

I suggest that you try MEC-GAR.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8969 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mecgar doesn't make them for the P220. Too bad as they make great mags. They make them for P226, 228, 229 but not P220. Guess my weak ass stays with the Maglula.

posted Hide Post
Try the ACT Mag. They are ok in my Smith.
https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...458-44522-p-543.html

Posts: 3288 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
The ACT mags work great in my P220s.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually do have a couple ACT mags from way back before Armscorp. They are easily finger loadable. Go figure.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the ACT Mags. They're cheaper and they work fine.

I don't have any full-size P220 factory mags, but my 9mm P229-1 factory mags are so tight with 15 rounds in them that the slide won't strip a round off of a full mag reliably. I carry the Mec-Gars, or download the factory mags with 14.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW...

I gave up on my SIG 8 round P220 mags years ago. Only load seven rounds in them. Plus if you do get the eighth round in there, that mag is very difficult to completely insert into my old German P220.

SPOAT

Death? Smile back.

Posts: 258 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: April 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had an issue with my stock 8 rounders. I don’t have a ton of them but never any issue I can remember loading them.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maglula, don't leave home without one.
especially if your packing a P365 or P220.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post