SIGforum
Size of pin punch for Beretta 92FS hammer spring plug?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1570071554

April 01, 2019, 11:01 AM
jhe888
Size of pin punch for Beretta 92FS hammer spring plug?
What size roll pin punch is needed to remove the pin that holds the hammer spring plug in a Beretta 92FS?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
April 01, 2019, 11:05 AM
ruger357
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What size roll pin punch is needed to remove the pin that holds the hammer spring plug in a Beretta 92FS?

I used a tiny screwdriver for eyeglasses. If you put a little pressure on the lanyard loop it makes it easier.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
April 01, 2019, 11:18 AM
Snake207
Italian or US made?

Italian ones you'll need a 1/8" punch as the lanyard loop is held in place with a roll pin.
I'd recommend getting a solid pin as a replacement if that's the case...
https://www.brownells.com/hand...eries-prod28359.aspx
(The punch can also act as a slave pin if you decide to go back in with a solid pin. Just take some pressure off the cap and it will go back in by hand.)

US made pistols are like what ruger357 said - take pressure off the cap and you can punch the solid pin out with, well, just about anything. Smile

April 01, 2019, 11:32 AM
jhe888
Thanks. I don't have the gun in hand yet - it is a Centurion made in about '94. I guess I'll see in a few days.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
April 01, 2019, 01:21 PM
pedropcola
If it has a roll pin, do yourself a favor and for 5 bucks buy a dogbone and toss the roll pin. Best part then is you only need to pull one grip panel, push upward on plug, and a magnet will pull it right out.
April 01, 2019, 03:35 PM
cyberiad
I just checked my made in Italy M9A3 and it has a "dogbone" pin. Maybe Beretta standardized on one type now.