SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Size of pin punch for Beretta 92FS hammer spring plug?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Size of pin punch for Beretta 92FS hammer spring plug? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
What size roll pin punch is needed to remove the pin that holds the hammer spring plug in a Beretta 92FS?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What size roll pin punch is needed to remove the pin that holds the hammer spring plug in a Beretta 92FS?

I used a tiny screwdriver for eyeglasses. If you put a little pressure on the lanyard loop it makes it easier.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Italian or US made?

Italian ones you'll need a 1/8" punch as the lanyard loop is held in place with a roll pin.
I'd recommend getting a solid pin as a replacement if that's the case...
https://www.brownells.com/hand...eries-prod28359.aspx
(The punch can also act as a slave pin if you decide to go back in with a solid pin. Just take some pressure off the cap and it will go back in by hand.)

US made pistols are like what ruger357 said - take pressure off the cap and you can punch the solid pin out with, well, just about anything. Smile

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I don't have the gun in hand yet - it is a Centurion made in about '94. I guess I'll see in a few days.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it has a roll pin, do yourself a favor and for 5 bucks buy a dogbone and toss the roll pin. Best part then is you only need to pull one grip panel, push upward on plug, and a magnet will pull it right out.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I just checked my made in Italy M9A3 and it has a "dogbone" pin. Maybe Beretta standardized on one type now.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post