SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Pro Series... is it real?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Pro Series... is it real? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’ve been looking at X5’s and X Carry’s and noticed that two distributors I use have them marked as “ close out”. More digging reveals a possible “Pro Series”. It looks like an X Carry but has the ability to fit other RMR’s... not just the Romeo 1. Has anyone heard about these? Possibly something for Shot Show? Thanks as always, hopefully I’m not just the last one to know!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping they sell a compact grip with the flatter profile. Looks cool and having more optic options is a big plus.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
The big advantage I see is the rear sight isn’t part of the plate for the red dot. This is my only complaint about the XCarry.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
Yes they are real, and were supposed to be released already.

Not sure what the hold up is on them, but likely they are going to tout them at the shot show as the next in thing.

I have had this model on order now for 6 months. The part numbers are out there and my LE dealer has them on order.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Very good, thanks guys!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The X Carry is going to be discontinued on Dec 31. The Pro is the replacement.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
What red dot(s) are these cut for?

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Supposedly they will have some type of interchangeable plate system so they can use Trijicons, Leupold, etc.

posted Hide Post
you would think that interchangeable plates would be enough of a big deal it would be in that overview.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Sig website has mounting plates for cz75, Glock, hk, and others. But there all for the romeo1 only

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
you would think that interchangeable plates would be enough of a big deal it would be in that overview.

One would think... that’s just what I heard though

posted Hide Post
I've no doubt the aftermarket guys will figure something out. But sig seem predisposed to just support their own optic crap. Glock doesn't care on the MOS since they have no skin in the game. But in any case I'm willing to be surprised, but probably won't happen.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I've no doubt the aftermarket guys will figure something out. But sig seem predisposed to just support their own optic crap. Glock doesn't care on the MOS since they have no skin in the game. But in any case I'm willing to be surprised, but probably won't happen.

It happened.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew there was a reason I was holding off buying a P320.

Now to wait for SHOT Show....

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Lotsa discontinuing / replacing....

Not surprising tho.

quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Sig website has mounting plates for cz75, Glock, hk, and others. But there all for the romeo1 only
I'm sure they are flying off the shelves too. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Lotsa discontinuing / replacing....

Not surprising tho.

The majority of the changes that anyone sees in the P320 line up is being driven from the R&D hub. People love to crow about the end user being "beta testers" but it simply isn't true about the P320. It is in the running, and winning sooooooo many contracts right now, that the R&D is extensive and expansive. These pistol contracts are driving what the consumer is seeing. You can thank stuff like the ICE contract for this.

The X Carry being on the out is also a result of contract testing. SIG was pretty inconsistent with the pre-tensioned barrels on the X line because the process is pretty tedious. What they, and independent testing found was that the end user at the beginning of service life couldn't tell a difference between the X Carry and a standard compact slide/barrel assembly. (In our own testing, there is a difference in the recoil "feel" of the two slide and barrels, and the X Carry wins by a hair only on transitions. The standard slide/barrel wins on straight up shooting). Where a noticeable difference was noted between the pre-tension/standard slide was at about the 25k mark. The pre-tension stuff seemed to hold up a bit better.

At the end of it, the P320 X5 will be the only pre-tensioned barreled gun that SIG produces. The end consumers, including me, will be none the wiser.

I like to beat up on companies as much as the next guy, but as to this there is a very logical reason and not too much should be read into the X Carry being "dropped" from the line up. I think dropping it is better received by the consumer world as to SIG continuing to manufacture it without the pre-tensioned barrel and just not telling anyone.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks jljones, appreciate your insight.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Thanks jljones. RHINOWSO hatred of SIG clouds his thoughts.

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
RHINOWSO hatred of SIG clouds his thoughts.
Funny how observation of fact is 'hate'. Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post