SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Das 10mm 320? I Can't Think What Else It Would Be.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Das 10mm 320? I Can't Think What Else It Would Be. Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
You'll have to scroll down a bit to "Fact 13" to see the video by true1911, but SIG's gotten to the prototype stage on some new pistol that will apparently be released this fall. It's clearly a traditional pistol and it's being used on a "charging bear" target. Dude said he "thought it shot incredibly flat", so I'm guessing that the small gods of SIG USA are still denying me the .50 GI I've been begging for over the past few years.

I guess what I'm saying is that it looks like a new P320 in 10mm just because I can't think what else it would be. Does anybody else have any guesses?

http://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/sig-hunter-games/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Definitely looks like a 320. If it is indeed a P320 in 10mm, and they sell a regular, nitron version comparably priced to other 320 variants (instead of limiting it to only high-dollar, fancy versions like they did with the P220), I'll be buying one.

Posts: 8518 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've happened upon a few prototype/first production pistols over the years. Some are significantly different than what eventually becomes the finished product. Who knows?

Thinking GG had hinted about a 10mm P320 while back. Maybe it will be good enough for me to ignore the 'enhanced' styling that has become everything Sig.

Posts: 9135 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Maybe another P320 variant that SIG will make for a few years then drop like they did P320s in .357 SIG and 40 S&W?

I wonder how strong the demand would be for the 10mm pistol? I can't see it being more or as much as 40 cal.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Eh, there's a lot of pistols that SIG makes in batches - I don't think the machinery to make the 357SIGs and .40s is going to be left to rot like the machinery for the older P220s in 9mm and .38 Super was.

As for demand, MHO is that they can afford to gamble a bit given the volume at which they've been selling P320s and P365s for some time. Besides, Glock and Springfield Armory are still selling polymer 10mms, EAA and CZ pistols are available on ChodeChoker as we speak, 1911 makers from Rock Island Armory to Dan Wesson are selling 10mms, and both Ruger and Smith and Wesson still offer 10mm revolvers - so maybe it's not that drastic a gamble.

Of course if SIG insisted on bringing out a P320(F, naturally) in .50GI and maybe bringing out a 10mm later, that would be fine by me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I think you’re spot on. A 320F in 10mm

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upon watching the video, at the point the slide locks back, you can get a fair view of the gun. Looked like a 320F to me. 10mm? Hope so!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16054 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be down for a 10mm, especially if they eventually make the aluminum frames for them too.

Posts: 3370 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 10mm would be perfectly slotted into the market. That company in Smyrna is seemingly incapable of making enough of their own and that one in Geneseo seems powerless to get their Croatian partner to churn out anything in numbers that's not a Hellcat.

-MG

Posts: 1961 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

If Sig did that, and the dimensions were the same as my P320F in .45 ACP, so it would work in the holster I have, I might just be tempted.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Come to think of it, if they make them with the manual safety then it might also become possible to put together a 320F in .45 with a manual safety without being left with a bunch of Compact/Carry/something smaller than an F parts that I'll have no use for.

To this day I don't quite understand why SIG doesn't offer a version of the standalone FCUs that fit the larger (.45-type) 320s and have a manual safety.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Bring out some of new versions in .45acp please

AGX. X Carry, etc

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

If Sig did that, and the dimensions were the same as my P320F in .45 ACP, so it would work in the holster I have, I might just be tempted.

When Bruce hinted at the 320 in 10mm he also responded to me that there was a good possibility of an X version frame that would be compatible with the .45. Given Glock uses the 10/45 frame interchangeably, interconversion of the 10/45 on the 320F platform seems very possible.

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Sig did a hunting promo event with their cross rifle, rangefinder binoculars, ammo, and a pistol used in a bear defense drill. I would imagine it’s 10mm, though it’s not mentioned. This hard jump to the hunting world is interesting. If SigArms could competently put together a firearm I would be interested. The Cross would be interesting, if it wasn’t immediately pulled due to safety issues, like most of the junk they leave to consumers to beta test.

Posts: 9950 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

EAA and CZ pistols are available on ChodeChoker as we speak
Google is not doing the job for me. Where do I find "ChodeChoker?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30629 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Hyperbole/sarcasm? Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Hyperbole/sarcasm? Big Grin
Maybe, but there are numerous references to various guns available on "ChodeChoker." If it is sarcasm, it's flying by me with a big "WOOOOSH" sound.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30629 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
A 10mm would be perfectly slotted into the market. That company in Smyrna is seemingly incapable of making enough of their own and that one in Geneseo seems powerless to get their Croatian partner to churn out anything in numbers that's not a Hellcat.

I have a Springfield XDM in 10mm, I love it. If Sig put out a 320 10mm, I'll have to buy it.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Seems like I remember a 10mm being hinted at in that video TFB TV did a few months or so back. That James dude was interviewing someone at Sig with a curled up, handlebar mustache if I recall

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“EAA and CZ pistols are available on ChodeChoker as we speak”

Thanks for making my belly laugh just when I needed it.

Going by context I can safely presume he was referring to Gun Broker.

Posts: 363 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post