Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Para's P220 Login/Join 
posted
Boss,

Please post pics of the P220 9mm you had assembled from a P226 sesams slide. Thank you!

-Tony

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I thought that was a special 9mm P220 slide made for testing and evaluation.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I suspect an interesting story lies behind this neat pistol.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The slide is one of a small number of one piece, stainless 220 slides with breechface dimensions compatible with the 9mm cartridge.

The part was originally intended to be a Force on Force conversion kit for the 220, that ultimately was never developed. The basis of the kit was a 9mm cartridge necked down to a .30 cal paint pellet. This is a beta prototype, which means that it is produced with the correct materials, on the correct machines, and processed correctly. This slide is complete with the exception of any markings of any kind. I obtained the part directly from SIG USA.

The slide is mated to a P220ST frame which has the correct 9mm locking block installed.

Action work and finish by Grayguns.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for the details, I could have seen myself buying it if it ever came to market, especially when you consider it combines DA/SA in a single stack profile.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was Sig working on this? Trying to get an idea of the age.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The slide is mated to a P220ST frame which has the correct 9mm locking block installed.

If I may ask, what type of magazine does this pistol use?

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This slide is complete with the exception of any markings of any kind.

I have a P320 X-Five that was done the same way.

Posts: 9155 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a magnificent example of the P220.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
SIG was working on the project around 2005 or 2006. The pistol takes P220 9mm mgazines.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'm really digging the checkering on that front strap.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
good looking gun... when I took the force on force classes at the Sig Academy back in 2016 &2017 this is the ammo (on the right) we were shooting at each other.. 9mm on the left:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchy1004:
Thank you for the details, I could have seen myself buying it if it ever came to market, especially when you consider it combines DA/SA in a single stack profile.

Out of curiosity, how long ago was Sig working on this? Trying to get an idea of the age.

Sig sold a P220 S (Sport) 9mm conversion kit in 1999. Had the slide, locking block, magazine and slide catch for the early folded slide alloy frame guns, not the all Stainless guns with the 2 port compensators sold in the US.

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad we can't convince Ron Cohen to bring these back into production!

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity, what would SIG require as a minimum order to produce and sell a Stainless 9mm conversion kit for the P220 including all necessary new parts? They could break the order down into different kits with different barrels to have 9mm/38Super/.30 Luger options to broaden the appeal. It probably wouldn't be cost effective but if marketed right it might sell enough for a small run. Maybe.

Posts: 3383 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool

"The more People I meet, the more I like Dogs."

Posts: 2921 | Location: Houston,Texas | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
How do the 226 and 220 9mm slide differ?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
How do the 226 and 220 9mm slide differ?

the control cam for the sear is positioned differently

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post