SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    *Update 05-12-2022* To My Question Re: Return of Stolen Handgun in PA
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

*Update 05-12-2022* To My Question Re: Return of Stolen Handgun in PA Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Send the US Attorney, CMRRR, a letter with the facts of your firearm's ownership. Demand your property be returned to you and provide the name and address of a FFL person to receive it. If you have any original documents purchasing it, photo of the original box ect. make copies and include them. If it's worth traveling to Philadelphia you could show up pros se (without an attorney and state your case in court. Lawyer would be expensive.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 965 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Update 05-12-2022.

Posts: 3135 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Philly PD?

You’ll be lucky if you actually ever get it back
Frown

100% agree, if your gun is on the possession of the philly police department you'll probably need to get a court order to get it returned to you.

Posts: 1423 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
quote:
Philly PD?

Frown

100% agree, if your gun is on the possession of the philly police department you'll probably need to get a court order to get it returned to you.

The case was adjudicated at the Federal level with the defendant having plead guilty to the charge of "possession of a firearm by a convicted felon". While the pistol was recovered by the Philadelphia PD, I am now dealing with the US District Court of Eastern PA. It remains unclear if the pistol is still in possession of the Philadelphia PD evidence room or has been transferred to the ATF. Either way, I have no realistic expectation of recovering my property. At this point, this is merely an academic exercise. My plan is to pursue this until I have exhausted all avenues.

Posts: 3135 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
quote:
Philly PD?

Frown

The case was adjudicated at the Federal level with the defendant having plead guilty to the charge of "possession of a firearm by a convicted felon". While the pistol was recovered by the Philadelphia PD, I am now dealing with the US District Court of Eastern PA. It remains unclear if the pistol is still in possession of the Philadelphia PD evidence room or has been transferred to the ATF. Either way, I have no realistic expectation of recovering my property. At this point, this is merely an academic exercise. My plan is to pursue this until I have exhausted all avenues.

It may be with the Clerk of the Court. If it was a trial as opposed to a plea, it would have been introduced as evidence.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2107 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post