SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther P99 final release date?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther P99 final release date? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone heard something about when these will be out?

Excited for this.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2508 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/walther-p99/

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize they still made any of the compacts.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
He may be talking about the "Final edition" I was thinking about one myself

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
https://waltherarms.com/p99-as-final-edition

The P99 Final Edition sku number is 2874172.

Search google for Walther 2874172 and then add your name to the waitlist on several websites for when/if it becomes available. Maybe check the distributors and see if they know anything.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
First Edition, Last Edition, Special Edition- I don't see the appeal. An extra stamping on the slide, a frame in a different color, a certificate printed on cheap paper. These things do not a good pistol make.

There are two and a half decades of P99s out there.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...I don't see the appeal. An extra stamping on the slide, a frame in a different color, a certificate printed on cheap paper. These things do not a good pistol make.

No, but the challenge coin closes the deal, just as they do w/ Sig Legions. Wink

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t care much about a special edition (unless it’s a P7…), but are the compacts still available as advertised in the Omaha Outdoors link above?
I always wanted one, and thought they’d been discontinued a while back.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I THOUGHT Walther discontinued the compacts quite a while back.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I thought so as well, and those may be new old stock. A few years back, Walther was practically giving away the P99C. I bought one for $415 brand new. Very nice pistols, these.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:
I don’t care much about a special edition (unless it’s a P7…)
You mean like this? Wink

posted Hide Post
That is prettier than any of mine.

This thread made me pull out my P99. It is a 40. That Omaha Outdoors link made me buy some replacement sights, blacked out steel rear and a fiber optic front. Never knew Trijicon made sights for these, unfortunately the good night sight varieties were sold out. The fiber optic one still will be a huge improvement though. What an interesting way to attach a rear sight, a plunger and a spring that locks onto the windage screw.

It is too bad these are going away. It is a great gun that would have benefited from an upgraded grip. Other than that, I love the AS methodology even though mine was pre AS terminology.

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You mean like this? Wink

Just - Beautiful.
Now that is a special edition.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
You mean like this? Wink
Just - Beautiful.
Now that is a special edition.
I suspect that the tooling to manufacture them is long gone, but can you imagine if HK was somehow able to put the P7 back into production? They’d sell millions of them if they weren’t too terribly expensive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15597 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

I suspect that the tooling to manufacture them is long gone, but can you imagine if HK was somehow able to put the P7 back into production? They’d sell millions of them if they weren’t too terribly expensive.

No they wouldn’t.
1-it’s a giant (in today’s terms) heavy, single stack, low capacity gun.
2-it would, indeed, be terribly expensive. It would be custom 1911 territory would be my guess.
3-the “cultists” all mostly have one or three
4-it’s amazingly complicated in a simplistic plastic gun world
5-no optics/rails or other tacticool features and if they were added they would simply dilute the collectible concept.

I LOVE the P7 series. I think it’s an AMAZING gun to this day. I am also pragmatic and understand that as many folks who “say they will buy” a manual transmission sport wagon will buy a new P7………which is about 11 dudes in reality. Smile.

Ok 12, they MIGHT get me. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I am a fan of the mag release so I picked one up a few months ago. The rounded but helps with concealment more than I thought it would. I will pick up night sights and put it in the rotation.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love the P99 (and PPQ M1) paddle release. Both pistols use P99 magazines. You can release the magazine without any sort of grip shift, just use your trigger finger. Very fast, and ambidextrous to boot.

On the older P99 (I guess they're now referred to as gen1 pistols), the paddles are shorter. They're still very fast and convenient but the longer paddles are better.

posted Hide Post
I regret getting rid of my P99 AS and P99c AS from around 2005 and trying to standardize to Glock in 2017 or so. The Walthers had minimal options for lights and holsters (esp. left handed holsters) but the guns were fantastic. Quality of machining and assembly were the best I've seen in that price range. SA was better than a PPQ and DA was very good.

The Glock thing didn't work out and now I am standardized to P365 and P320 and overall they are better options today, but I should have left well enough alone

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You mean like this? Wink

I own 15-8158X; purchased from Franklins in Athens, GA years ago.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can't recall how many of these were imported- a thousand or maybe even a few hundred. IIRC, I paid a bit more than a grand for it in 1999 and it's at least tripled in value since then, easy.