SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    German Xguns with unique serial number style that were destined for Newington but never made it across the pond?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German Xguns with unique serial number style that were destined for Newington but never made it across the pond? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
SIG NH moved to Newington in Jan 2014. In July 2014, the German government imposed the export ban from SIG DE to SIG NH. So, it would appear that these were ready to be exported to NH that year, but then everything was halted, and SIG DE was stuck with these guns that already had the Newington rollmark on them.

Here are a couple of X5 Tacticals with US prefix serial numbers that were never seen before. Guns are clearly marked Made In Germany, but also have the Newington rollmark. I just find this interesting. Not my guns.

https://www.rothe-waffen.de/sh...mm_luger_desert.html

X5 Tact in DA/SA with TB from Tim Rothe's website

Q

Posts: 26449 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustard...yeah, no. Can't unsee that.

Merkel's government really screwed up things for us consumers on our side of the pond and, at the time, SIG itself. But considering where SIG is today, I tend to think that her ban has actually made the company far stronger than they might have been had they not been forced to rely solely on NH production to keep things going. I still remember the reports of the massive layoffs that happened in Germany because of the ban, and the gradual comeback as their business model adapted. It was NH that kept it from falling completely apart.

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Mustard...yeah, no. Can't unsee that.

Merkel's government really screwed up things for us consumers on our side of the pond and, at the time, SIG itself. But considering where SIG is today, I tend to think that her ban has actually made the company far stronger than they might have been had they not been forced to rely solely on NH production to keep things going. I still remember the reports of the massive layoffs that happened in Germany because of the ban, and the gradual comeback as their business model adapted. It was NH that kept it from falling completely apart.
Obama has as much blame as Merkel given the ban's cause. I don't think Exeter had anything to do with keeping things "from falling apart completely", given the export ban... and the re-sizing of the company OUS was right-sizing for the EU market (as production in the EU didn't stop, only the output).

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like the gray one.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
How long were they using internal extractors?

Posts: 9979 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

They're still using it.

Q

Posts: 26449 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Interesting, they didn’t last long in US guns.

Posts: 9979 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

OG first run Sports were folded breech block internal extractor slides P220/P226, alloy frames. Then there were some with stainless steel slide short extractor, p226 still alloy frame. Then P220 Sports went internal while P229/P226 Sports stayed all short extractor all at that point going to full stainless. I'm pretty sure when they went X series everything went to internal across the board, I haven't seen any with other types right off hand.

Edit: Thanks 12131, I forgot about the Short/S&S

This message has been edited. Last edited by: a.lol.cat,

Posts: 93 | Location: Central, FL | Registered: August 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a.lol.cat:
I'm pretty sure when they went X series everything went to internal across the board, I haven't seen any with other types right off hand.

Except for a few, like the X Short & Smart (SAO) and the X Short (DA/SA) (original, not the Enhanced). They have the short extractor.

Q

posted Hide Post
226x5-short-9-pvd:

Posts: 2218 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've liked the Tactical sinse its early days. I see nothing on these to change that. Could do without the TB.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post