SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kel-Tec P17 .22LR pistol - Why, Kel-Tec...WHY?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel-Tec P17 .22LR pistol - Why, Kel-Tec...WHY? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Bringing this back around to see who has one and how reliable they are? I’ve seen them online for $150.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That would make for a good kit gun if it functions well.

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That would make for a good kit gun if it functions well.

Exactly! I was hoping to hear some positive range reports.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I liked mine so much I bought a second one and using a red dot adapter I bought on eBay, added to each

They love to run and run fast. On the left:

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grabbed one for less than $200, added the Sig Romeo zero sight and my suppressor and fired away. Like it was said, makes a great kit gun!

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well for $149.99 I went ahead and ordered one. I’ll post a range report after it comes in.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

posted Hide Post
There's definitely a market for this gun. We don't see the Kel-Tec anymore (no 10rd option) but the similar TX22 from Taurus has been incredibly hard to keep in stock. Since becoming a 10rd gun its sales have slowed a bit, but the TX22 still been a great seller because of its low price and generally good reputation for reliability, exactly what the P17 has going for it as well.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Well for $149.99 I went ahead and ordered one. I’ll post a range report after it comes in.

Who has these for 150 ??

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, that's a deal for sure.

The price is understandable once you get a peek inside one of these things. Still, for what it is, that's a deal, especially with three magazines and a threaded muzzle.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Who has these for 150 ??

PAlmetto. Not sure if it’s still on sale or not.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it will be before Ruger releases their version...... Big Grin

Posts: 354 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Palmetto has these as a “daily deal” @ $199 today. Pistol and 3 magazines.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
This is probably my favorite 22 suppressor host. I’m running a SilencerCo 22 Osprey and it is quiet as a pellet gun.

Did I mention 17 rounds?

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looking inside this pistol will cause a careful man to think twice. I'm not saying the pistol isn't reliable or durable, it's certainly worth 200 bucks, but take a look at the video I posted. You don't have to look through it to get to see the pistol opened up. Just click the vid and it'll take you to the right point.

That's, uhh, hoo boy. Eek

I do like the idea of being able to take the pistol apart with an Allen wrench, but, still...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Sigs are
my Panacea...
Picture of billpocz
posted Hide Post
I watched the video, and my first thought was, "Wow, those are some wimpy looking springs"!

They do not look like they have much rust protection, especially in the environment of .22 dirt.

With that being said, I will probably get one!!

--- Sig 365, 365XL, 245, P6

Posts: 2001 | Location: Rural Northeastern KY | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love my ugly olive-drab edition. Fantastic trigger and ambi-safeties. Mags are a bit of a pain to top-off, but I don't need to load all 18, LOL.

Posts: 383 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
A black one and their weird color-shifting finish (bluish purple)

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I was kind of interested in one til I got a look at its innards. No and nope.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hear Mattel is gonna sue. Big Grin

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Perfect backpack gun; I run an Armtac mini suppressor on it and it's super fun to shoot