SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 27 slide cracked UPDATE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 27 slide cracked UPDATE Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
I'm not sure if aftermarket parts would void the warranty, or if she just wouldn't get her original aftermarket parts back?

Primarily it's the latter. Glock never returns aftermarket parts. It's not theirs which means it's not under their quality control. Must keep Glock's product liability lawyers happy.

Glock returned my parts in a plastic bag, but put their own factory parts in the G33 that I sent in.

Yep. Many people who repeat this about aftermarket parts don't seem to grasp that theft is....well, theft. The lawyers at Glock aren't going to open the company up to liability, or bad press by keeping your Punisher skull end plate.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Glock Customer Service called, asked what occurred and said mailing out a new slide this week. Absolutely excellent and without hassle or incident.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Glock Customer Service called, asked what occurred and said mailing out a new slide this week. Absolutely excellent and without hassle or incident.

That’s been my experience with them. I had a new G22 rust shut inside of 6 months. They sent me a new pistol. Whole transaction took about a week.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
any pics of the cracked slide?

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. Many people who repeat this about aftermarket parts don't seem to grasp that theft is....well, theft. The lawyers at Glock aren't going to open the company up to liability, or bad press by keeping your Punisher skull end plate.

That wasn't their policy a few years ago. I've had customers complain to me as if I had anything to do with it about them not getting aftermarket parts back from Glock when they sent their modified guns in for service or repair. I admit that I merely 'extrapolated' that information to today. I was not aware that Glock had changed their tune, though I suppose it makes sense given how strong and widespread the aftermarket has become. Back then it was likely a simple thing for Glock to say that such a gun did not conform to factory specifications, and with that justification remove and discard the parts in question.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
This is the weakest part of the slide and while uncommon and unexpected, it's not a surprise that that's where it cracked. Glock will make it right.

Yep. In the Nineties a national gun writer friend brought a pair of Charles Daly 1911's for T&E. Our LGC pistol group was always happy to participate in the testing and dutifully use up all the free ammo. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Smile

The guns were unfired. About 100 rounds into the shooting, somebody noticed a crack in the slide of the Commander. Yeah, right under the ejection port.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
This thread has me wondering how well my G48 with the thinner slide will hold up long term. Glad Glock is taking care of you though.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
This thread has me wondering how well my G48 with the thinner slide will hold up long term. Glad Glock is taking care of you though.

Normally these things are due to a heat treating anomaly. Sometimes the treatment results in the steel becoming brittle, rather than it being strengthened.

I don't know enough about it to tell you whether it's the entire piece or a localized area that suffers.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
New slide in on Sunday by Fedex, original barrel, new NS and new inner components on slide. Glock has earned my loyalty. Excellent customer service all around.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Glock definitely has the CS.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP

Did they send u a matching serial # replacement slide ?

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock has great customer service, they are in Smyrna around the corner from me. My friend had a trade in Gen 2 for a truck gun. They replaced the frame free with a Gen3 and all new internals. Gave him a choice of one they had with a different S/n or wait a week for one with the same s/n. Also for night sights installed.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
Did they send u a matching serial # replacement slide ?
I'd be very surprised if they did so.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
New number on slide sent original barrel back.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And indeed, I'm surprised. That's above and beyond. After all, Glocks are tools in the purest sense. Matching serial numbers don't mean jack.

posted Hide Post
I would want matching serial numbers. Just my opinion.

Posts: 50 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And I've no doubt that that's why Glock does such a thing- because customers are so particular about things of no consequence.