SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 27 slide cracked UPDATE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 27 slide cracked UPDATE Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
My Glock 27 after a range session today wouldn’t return onto to the frame. Close examination revealed a crack at the base of the slide running up towards the ejection port. No frame damage, tried a friends 27 slide and it went on without a problem. Fired Speer fmj throughout its life and its a Gen 4. How is Glock on warranty and replacement etc?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spunk639,

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much all the major manufacturers are great with customer service for the original owner.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Never needed to send a Glock back myself but from all i gave ever read about here is Glock will 100% stand behind their product.
Call them now. I bet you will get a return shipping label asap.

Posts: 18035 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What’s the round count out of curiosity?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Round count is under 6k

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the condition of the barrel?

My guess is that they will replace the slide with a new slide and send the pistol back to you. If you ask them nice they may put a new set of night sights on it and comp you a magazine also.

I was speaking with one of the Glock factory Armorers at a Glock Shooting Sport Foundation match one day. He said that people would buy a used L.E. trade-in Glock at Academy Sports which was down the road from Glock's headquarters in Smyrna, GA and head straight to Glock with the price tag still on the pistol. Glock would replace any worn parts free of charge and give the pistol back to the owner.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Barrel is fine normal condition

posted Hide Post
This is the weakest part of the slide and while uncommon and unexpected, it's not a surprise that that's where it cracked. Glock will make it right.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
What is the condition of the barrel?

My guess is that they will replace the slide with a new slide and send the pistol back to you. If you ask them nice they may put a new set of night sights on it and comp you a magazine also.

I was speaking with one of the Glock factory Armorers at a Glock Shooting Sport Foundation match one day. He said that people would buy a used L.E. trade-in Glock at Academy Sports which was down the road from Glock's headquarters in Smyrna, GA and head straight to Glock with the price tag still on the pistol. Glock would replace any worn parts free of charge and give the pistol back to the owner.

That's pretty much my experience. Their customer service onsite is pretty solid. I took a G27 that had a factory double charged round boom in it. Blew off the extractor and stung my hand. They replaced all springs, put night sights on it for about $50. Then replaced my magazines.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8854 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Glock customer service and mailed slide, very pleasant and straightforward.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hey Spunk, did you happen to take any pictures? I'd be curious to see this.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Sorry no,

Crack was 5 to 7 mm long starting at bottom of right side of slide progressing upwards towards ejection port. It looks to have affected the rail cut as slide would not progress on frame rails.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Round count is under 6k

Does it still have the orginal factory RSA, or was it ever swapped out?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I had a friend who cracked a slide on a Glock 34 with over 40,000 rounds through it. She was advised to remove the aftermarket sights and anything else in the slide before sending it back. I'm not sure if aftermarket parts would void the warranty, or if she just wouldn't get her original aftermarket parts back? Probably a little of both.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure if aftermarket parts would void the warranty, or if she just wouldn't get her original aftermarket parts back?

Primarily it's the latter. Glock never returns aftermarket parts. It's not theirs which means it's not under their quality control. Must keep Glock's product liability lawyers happy.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not sure if aftermarket parts would void the warranty, or if she just wouldn't get her original aftermarket parts back? Probably a little of both.

It's a liability thing.

In my experience with Glock, unless you've made modifications to the weapon that would specifically affect or cause the malfunction or breakage in question, they don't care what else you've done to the weapon (sights, connectors, whatever). They just don't want to have to keep up with pieces and parts the customer added.

They will almost always fix/replace failed parts for free. I'm pretty sure they train their armorers to repair guns and return them as close to factory specs as possible.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6215 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Everything on the 27 is Glock factory Night Sites slide release extended and magazine release extension all Glock factory as well as Glock spring cups

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
If you send them a stripped slide it will come back with all new internal parts.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to a report when the OP gets it back!

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
I'm not sure if aftermarket parts would void the warranty, or if she just wouldn't get her original aftermarket parts back?

Primarily it's the latter. Glock never returns aftermarket parts. It's not theirs which means it's not under their quality control. Must keep Glock's product liability lawyers happy.

Glock returned my parts in a plastic bag, but put their own factory parts in the G33 that I sent in.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post