SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Budget Priced Pistols
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Budget Priced Pistols Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Interesting that the Hi-Points haven't come up, they certainly fit the Budget part of the request, made in the USA, and of course you can get the Yeet Cannon model.

If it fails to fire you could always use it to beat the shit out of your target!

Buds has it for $161, NIB....

Yeet Link

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would always rather buy a used Glock or wait for one of the "unpopular" pistols like the Steyr M, Walther PDP, or Beretta APX to have its price slashed, which happens frequently enough.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 341 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Our LGS has ridiculous blowout sales on police turn-in and evidence locker guns a few times a year. You have to queue up before they open at 9am on Sat. Last one I snagged a super clean hard chromed P239 for $449. The one before that I snagged a clean SP2022 for $224. I've scored a few HK USPs for sub-$400 too. Tons of Glocks for well under $300.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I wouldn't since I can buy CZ P-10's for $300-$330, Springfield XDM Elites for $350, and Walther PDP's for mid $400's.

I have seen the CZs for under $400. Where are you seeing them for $330 and the PDPs for $450? That’s pretty tough pricing. I have seen the Stoeger for $199 but add in FFL for $25 and freight of $40 and it’s not as screaming of a deal. Are you factoring in those numbers?

Get on the Grabagun and GunZoneDeals newsletters, and scour gun.deals for all the deals. They've cost me a fortune!

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Maybe Canik but I would look at the larger well known quality USA, German manufacturers or Beretta/CZ. Keep in mind service and parts may be an issue with the Turkish imports. Canik is supposedly better but not up to what most expect from the good USA or German companies. IMHO don't be concerned about spending a little extra especially for something you intend to shoot a good amount and you mentioned 5000 rounds a year which is significant money.

Not a "budget" gun for sure but the CZ Shadow 2 is totally incredible shooter and prices have dropped significantly on them to under $1000 for the base model at many places. Rent one sometime if you get a chance.

This recent video may be of interest.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
People seem to love Rock Island 1911s and they’re generally cheap. I’ve considered maybe buying one to fill the 1911 itch, but I also feel like if I buy a 1911, it should be a nicer piece that I’m proud to own.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2446 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yes, I would. In fact, I plan to some time this year, and the itch already has me. Tisas makes a 1911A1 copy that looks awfully close to USGI wartime production. I have a 1943 Remington-Rand that just sits in the safe, so it's not about having the real thing, it's about having a cheap copy that I won't feel bad about giving some real range time with. And yes, in 9mm because it's cheaper to shoot and gives the purists fits. Razz

But I have also always wanted a 1911 to tinker with and swap parts and such, and that wouldn't check that box, so maybe instead, it would be their "Service" 1911A1, which is the same thing, but in a flat black finish and a straight mainspring housing. The perfect blank slate to build a range plinker from.

Either way, they can be found new for about $375, and I hear good things about them. If I buy one and it doesn't run right and they won't help me, well, there's only about a hundred plus years of production parts I can fiddle around with to get it running right, so I'm not overly worried about it. I figure a true American firearms enthusiast ought to own a beater 1911 at some point.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I bought one of those Tisas US Army 1911s last year for under $400 and am very happy with the purchase. It came with two mags and wood grips and shoots more reliably than the $1000+ Sig, Springfield and 2 Kimber 1911s that I’ve owned.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I haven't and wouldn't for economic and practical reasons for my own situation.
Mine are purchased for both home and CCW so I value the functional aspects first and foremost. I'm carrying almost any time I'm not sleeping or in the shower so a range gun isn't something I need.

The cost to be sure any gun is going to be reliable in my hands, requires shooting at least a couple of hundred practice rounds followed by a minimum of fifty carry rounds. Easily $150-200 or more in ammo. That alone would negate the lower price of a "budget" gun, maybe a Canik or Ruger in my case.
A failure would require starting over with another so the cost of just ammo quickly adds up.
Then there's the resale, if I were to sell (although I haven't so far). The budget gun will sell for less, so much of the perceived savings goes away at that time.

If I felt the need or just didn't have the money I'd be more likely to buy a nice used version of a Sig or Glock that would bring me into the same price range of the budget guns mentioned.

A lot to digest here. When I carry it’s is a .38 J Frame S&W or my Sig P230. In my home, it’s a 20 gauge mossburg with a pistol grip and a Colt .45.
When I wore the uniform it was a Glock .45. As a Detective it was my S&W 6906. I couldn’t afford HK back then. Other than my Colt 1911 I only buy new Sig, S&W and HK. I love going to the range to plink. I don’t understand your ammo dilemma whether it’s a Canik or HK. I have the money at this stage to want to try some different things. I’ll never sell a gun so I don’t worry about resale. If I hate it , I’ll put it in the safe and not worry about it. I don’t worry much about a $400 mistake. A &1k mistake is different.
I only buy used cars because I’m frugal and understand the economics of them. Used guns are different for me. It’s not logical but it fits me. If I buy a house, I toss the toilet seats and put new ones on. If I buy a gun, I want to know where it’s been and what it’s done.

Posts: 73 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
So far the Stoeger STR-9 has been a solid pistol for me. Essentially a gen 3 Glock inside. Better ergos.

Video if interested. https://youtu.be/_Jisqg32sbY?si=eMQ_u5lBn0-tkgsU

Long video but great to see. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 73 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
People seem to love Rock Island 1911s and they’re generally cheap. I’ve considered maybe buying one to fill the 1911 itch, but I also feel like if I buy a 1911, it should be a nicer piece that I’m proud to own.

I totally understand this. I have my 1911 Colt that I bought back in 1993. I love the look and feel of it but I rarely shoot it. Mine is all original and not flashy but it’s like a muscle car. Just plain cool. I’m toying with buying a Rock Island one and putting some range time on it and tinkering with it.

posted Hide Post
Depends on how you define budget

The SIG PRO is a great low-cost pistol that performs well.

The Smith and Wesson Sigmas aren't bad either. THe first Gen M&Ps used to be available at a decent price too.

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got the ubiquitous PSA email today, and they have the PSA Dagger Micro C-1 9mm Glock Clone for $359, it has the tactical tan (FDE) color, milled for a RDS, and it has the "Extreme Carry Cuts"TM smooth edges, the optics it accepts are Cortex, Holosun and Shield RMSC

Link

Posts: 23489 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's just no point to the Dagger when a new, superior P-10C can be had for the bottom 300's. Few dollars more for the Optics Ready version.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
What about a Kahr CM9? $292 cash price on Bud's last time I looked.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
My buddy picked up a dagger...I can see the appeal. It's a competent gun based off the gen 3 glock. I can't get over why they used a roll pin in it instead of a standard pin.

Don't forget pawn shops. In some area, you can find a good deal. I picked up a Ruger EC9 for $125. It's on a magnet in a hideyhole at my house...

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a P239 in .40 with 5 mags for $350 out the door at a local auction. Every time I've tried shooting a P239 in the past I've struggled with it. I figured at that price here's a chance to own one and put in the time to figure it out.

Posts: 8592 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are guns for defense, and guns for fun. For the most part, I carry name brands but enjoy playing with off brands. A minor point, but I'd hate to go into Lowes and find only, say, Bosch products, or a gun store with only S&W. If we don't encourage diversity, we won't have it.

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I just picked up a P239 in .40 with 5 mags for $350 out the door at a local auction. Every time I've tried shooting a P239 in the past I've struggled with it. I figured at that price here's a chance to own one and put in the time to figure it out.

Try a pair of Hogue grips on it. I use the G10s, but I know a couple folks with larger hands that like the rubber ones. It makes a big difference.

Posts: 4592 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I figure Ruger worked out the bugs in the LC9 and LC9s. The EC9s is probably as budget as it gets with the fixed sights. I bet you can find one real cheap after someone turns it in after their first range test. Big Grin

Posts: 3523 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post