SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Laser rod guides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laser rod guides Login/Join 
posted
A little education please on laser rod guides. Are they accurate, do they cause fte/ftf issues, are external mounts better or worse? They look to be non-adjustable.
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I had a LaserMax for a while (on a P228). It pretty much did everything it claimed to do. There's no user adjustment, so when I decided it was a little too far out of spec, I sent it in for recalibration (I think the recalibration was free, but I had to send in the pistol). Spot-on after that.

So why did I sell it? I decided I didn't really like laser-sighting at all. That furiously bouncing red dot just confused my sight picture, and I even felt my point-shooting was more accurate as well as faster. So it wasn't the product, it was the concept.

If I ever need to laser-sight in the future, I can quickly attach an external unit to my railed 229.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post