SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found a pristine W German P226 today!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a pristine W German P226 today! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gotcha! And thank you for the explanation.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Just got home with my new-to-me WG P226 and wanted to answer a few questions, plus a comment or two...

#1: It DOES include the test target, plus all additional paperwork. S/N matches on gun, target, and box, so all original.

#2: Date code is JJ, so 1988 -- right at the beginning of the Herndon rollmark date range.

Comments:
1#: Not quite as pristine as it initially looked under the dimmer light of the fun store, but still at LEAST 98-99% condition. Shows a barely noticeable amount of wear on the front edges of the slide, most likely from being in a holster. Otherwise looks mint!

#2: Night sights are pretty much dead, so will order a set of Night Fision sights for it soon.

#3: Rails are NOT "mud rails", but "scalloped rails" per Q's explanation and photos on previous page. I just misremembered the number of cuts in the rails when posted earlier that there were three...

Am I still happy with the purchase? You're darned right I am!!!

Not feeling well at the moment so will get pics later this evening to post...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A P226 as a five serial set.

Sweet!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Pics as promised...

Posts: 4584 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those rail cuts are exactly the same as the ones on my KB posted above. Everything looks great.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!
Next time, we race to the spot, HAHAHA.
Congratulations on the find!

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really

Posts: 363 | Location: AL | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Landchipper:
Beautiful!
Next time, we race to the spot, HAHAHA.
Congratulations on the find!

You'll have trouble beating me there since I live less than 5 miles away, AND I practically live there! But good luck trying! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Is the magazine floor plate extend slightly forward of the front strap and have P226 stamped on the bottom?

Posts: 267 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post