SIGforum
Found a pristine W German P226 today!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1430067294

June 19, 2022, 09:25 PM
kaschi
Found a pristine W German P226 today!
Gotcha! And thank you for the explanation.
June 21, 2022, 03:01 PM
bronicabill
Just got home with my new-to-me WG P226 and wanted to answer a few questions, plus a comment or two...

#1: It DOES include the test target, plus all additional paperwork. S/N matches on gun, target, and box, so all original.

#2: Date code is JJ, so 1988 -- right at the beginning of the Herndon rollmark date range.

Comments:
1#: Not quite as pristine as it initially looked under the dimmer light of the fun store, but still at LEAST 98-99% condition. Shows a barely noticeable amount of wear on the front edges of the slide, most likely from being in a holster. Otherwise looks mint!

#2: Night sights are pretty much dead, so will order a set of Night Fision sights for it soon.

#3: Rails are NOT "mud rails", but "scalloped rails" per Q's explanation and photos on previous page. I just misremembered the number of cuts in the rails when posted earlier that there were three...

Am I still happy with the purchase? You're darned right I am!!!

Not feeling well at the moment so will get pics later this evening to post...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bronicabill,

June 21, 2022, 03:40 PM
.38supersig
A P226 as a five serial set.

Sweet!

June 21, 2022, 05:25 PM
bronicabill
Pics as promised...

June 21, 2022, 08:38 PM
Yeah, those rail cuts are exactly the same as the ones on my KB posted above. Everything looks great.

Q

June 22, 2022, 03:48 PM
Landchipper
Beautiful!
Next time, we race to the spot, HAHAHA.
Congratulations on the find!

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really
June 23, 2022, 11:46 AM
bronicabill
quote:
Originally posted by Landchipper:
Beautiful!
Next time, we race to the spot, HAHAHA.
Congratulations on the find!

You'll have trouble beating me there since I live less than 5 miles away, AND I practically live there! But good luck trying! Big Grin

June 25, 2022, 07:23 AM
dubagel
Is the magazine floor plate extend slightly forward of the front strap and have P226 stamped on the bottom?