SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where to buy Glock 33rd 9mm mags
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to buy Glock 33rd 9mm mags Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
and does generation matter? Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19190 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
https://gregcotellc.com/cart/i...ult&keyword=Glock+33

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Generation usually does not matter for Glock mags. There are only three exceptions:

1) If you have a Gen4 or later model and you swapped the magazine release over to the opposite side (i.e. button on the right side of the gun for left-handed use), you’ll also need a Gen4 or later magazine because it will have the catch cutout on both sides. Gen3 and earlier magazines only have the catch cutout on one side and will only work in Gen4 or later models if the button is on the left side of the gun for right-handed use.

2) If you have an Ambi model (where the magazine button actually protrudes on both sides of the gun and can be pressed from either side), you need a magazine with a square cutout of exposed metal right above the regular catch cutout.

3) If you have a Glock 19X, you can’t use Gen5 magazines because the extra lip on the front strap of the 19X is incompatible with the longer floor plate of Gen5 magazines.

For extended magazines, exceptions 1 and 2 still apply, while 3 is moot.

https://www.recoilweb.com/wp-c...08/Glock_Gen5_17.jpg

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 339 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

He has some of the best regular pricing around.

Posts: 9967 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
So a gen 5 mag will virtually work in any glock pistol, correct?

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a Glock 19X, you can’t use Gen5 magazines because the extra lip on the front strap of the 19X is incompatible with the longer floor plate of Gen5 magazines.

This is only true with early Gen5 G17 mags. Current production Gen5 G17 mags now come with the shortened length base plate that is compatible with the G19X.

quote:
So a gen 5 mag will virtually work in any glock pistol, correct?

Any standard double stack pistol, yes. They are backwards compatible.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks monoblok

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
If you have a Glock 19X, you can’t use Gen5 magazines because the extra lip on the front strap of the 19X is incompatible with the longer floor plate of Gen5 magazines.

This is only true with early Gen5 G17 mags. Current production Gen5 G17 mags now come with the shortened length base plate that is compatible with the G19X.

Interesting, I haven’t seen anything like that. An LGS I go to just recently got a new supply of Glock mags and the Gen5 mags (orange follower) they received still have the extended floor plate. How recent is this change?

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 339 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sheedy Ern Ern has them, OEM and Asian

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?capacity=33

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to be without a few of the 33 rounders but you should consider the Glock OEM 24 round magazines as well. Still a lot of firepower but in a more manageable package.

BTW, I replace the +2 floorplates of the 33 round magazines with standard floorplates, which makes the capacity 31 rounds. Then, I install the +2 floorplates on G17/19/26 magazines. On the G17 and G19 magazines, make sure you use magazine springs which are one coil longer than standard. An easy way to do this is to purchase the Wolff +10% mag springs, which have an extra coil.

I guess you could turn a 24 round mag into a 26 round mag the same way. Probably, you wouldn't need a longer spring. The spring Glock puts in the 24 round magazine has the greatest tension of any OEM Glock magazine.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestion on the 24rd. That had not crossed my radar. Knew nothing about them. Thank you.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I install the +2 floorplates on G17/19/26 magazines. On the G17 and G19 magazines, make sure you use magazine springs which are one coil longer than standard.
Do you know if an OEM G17 mag spring will work properly in a G19 mag w/ +2 floorplate? Will it compress enough to allow the mag to hold 17 rounds, and will it expand enough to feed reliably?

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, a G17 stock magazine spring has one more coil than the G19 magazine spring, so a Glock +2 extension and G17 mag spring will work properly on a G19 magazine body.

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, the 24 rd. seem more expensive and less available the the 33rd. Have to keep an eye out for them.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good info. Thanks fellas. I assume the OEM are far preferred over the knock-offs?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38683 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have them, not even for "range use" and not even for free.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Good info. Thanks fellas. I assume the OEM are far preferred over the knock-offs?
The only aftermarket brand I'd trust my life to are Magpul's. They come as original equipment w/ some Glock clones such as Zev, Shadow Systems, and PSA Dagger. Magpul makes a 21-round and 27-round Glock mag (named GL9). I prefer the 27-rounders to 31/33-rounders, b/c those fun sticks are unwieldy to carry.

I'll note that BUL Armory makes their own Glock mags for their Axe line Glock clones. I bet those mags work well, but I have no experience w/ them.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't consider the MagPul Glock magazines to be knockoffs.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I buy the 33rd mags and 24rd mags but swap the baseplates around so I have 31rd and 26rd mags.
No issues.

Also have been using the 22rd .40 cal mags in my 357 Glocks for a long time with no issues.

I have two Bul mags (which came with my Axe) and haven't had any issues with them. I was a snob and did move them to my "training" mags and use Glock mags if I carry the Axe.

Nothing wrong with Magpul mags. We have been abusing them for awhile. I actually took my personal collection of Magpul mags and threw one in each patrol car at work so guys would at least be able to have a reload if they got back to their car.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natchez Shooter Supply has both 24 and 33 round mags in stock at $30. I've never bought from them, they just had a good price on a google search.

https://www.natchezss.com/cata...ry=Glock%20magazines

Moderators please delete my prior attempts to post. I didn't realize my other retailer was frowned upon.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2741 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post