SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320X Carry availability
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320X Carry availability Login/Join 
posted
Decided to go with the 320X carry after holding a few different guns from friends. The only problem seems to be finding one, even online. Is it due to the demand or does sig just not manufacture a lot of that model? My local gun store salesman told me he has had trouble even getting them.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Discontinued at this time. It will return at some point.

One option is the M17 for now. Or as the 320 is so modular, build one.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
darn, I can just replace the module on a regular carry correct? One of the reasons I wanted the X model was for the trigger. Are the slides much different between models?

posted Hide Post
All X and Standard "carry" models are discontinued except for LE. M18 is technically a carry model having a 4" slide/barrel and 17 round capacity.

The current X-Full has a 4.7" slide/barrel but now has a "carry" frame with the shorter dustcover.

X-Compact is an option. You lose 0.2" of slide/barrel (it's really the subcompact slide/barrel) and two rounds. Grip is a little smaller in circumference than X-Carry too.

Standard compact has 15 rounds and 4" slide/barrel. You can buy one and replace the grip module with the X-Carry module, no problem. The X-Compact module also fits but is a little short in the dustcover resulting in a little slide overhang. The X flat trigger is available from Sig or other parts sellers for less than $50 and it's very easy to change out.

Slides have different cosmetics around the angle and spacing of the serrations. X slides have the removable rear sight plate and DPP optic cut and an X-Ray3 front sight. Standard have regular Siglights and no optic cut, unless it's an RXP.

Sig kinda made a mess of the lineup. X-compact should have been 4" slide/barrel and 15 round capacity like the standard compact. But they wanted to differentiate it from the X-Carry, which is now gone. And now that the P365 and P365 XL have 12 round capacity in a smaller size, the subcompact P320 is dead.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of the manual safety on the m18, that's the only thing that has kept my interest from that model. Are they planning to release a revamp of the 320 platform or something? Thanks for all the info. Im just confused as to why the discontinued the whole line.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The true X Carry had a couple of different things going for it. The cool guy cut in the slide, the flat trigger, and what I considered the most important, the pretensioned barrel.

Aside from the barrel and slide cut, there was nothing special about the X Carry and certainly nothing you couldn’t build yourself.

The line was discontinued because the pretensioned barrels were so hard to fit correctly on a mass scale.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the help guys.