SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    An amazing looking factory full Nickel KF P228
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An amazing looking factory full Nickel KF P228 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
q, you're pics are always amazing & now to find out they're with a cell phone.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice score! I hope you enjoy the hell of having that!

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Wow!!Thats an awesome score on that 228. One of my favorites. Congrats!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Simply...stunning.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:

Shocking revelation. Big Grin
But, seriously, cell phone cameras of today are infinitely better than the average bulky digital cameras of yesterday.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

But, seriously, cell phone cameras of today are infinitely better than the average bulky digital cameras of yesterday.

i know phone cameras have come a long way but also would've bet that you were using a high dollar camera. thanks q.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

i know phone cameras have come a long way but also would've bet that you were using a high dollar camera. thanks q.

Look up Pitbulls Timber video. The underwater scenes were shot with an iPhone in an otterbox waterproof case. My friend filmed them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only shortcoming of modern smartphone cameras is the zoom. Other than that, they are pretty powerful.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 339 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
The only shortcoming of modern smartphone cameras is the zoom. Other than that, they are pretty powerful.

And, when doing gun pics, or anything close-up, no need for zoom. Cool

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of nickel guns in general - but that one pushes all the right buttons for me. Thanks for the post and great pics.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Very well done images of the 228! Being a cell phone the technology of the camera doesn't surprise me one bit. In the smartphone thread in the Gallery I've recently reached out to any Samsung Galaxy S10 owners to snap and post some images based on the new camera tech of 5 lenses. I've also been extremely pleased and mentioned it many times about camera tech in previous generations of Samsung and iPhones how sharp and precise images have been from these previous models.

I'm a big fan of smartphone camera tech. You should see some of the gadgets I use for lighting and backgrounds to snap "that" exceptional images. I say, well done and creative 12131...not to take away from that beautiful example of a pistol otherwise!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
12131, I see Im not alone in admiring your photo skills. I gotta say, you have a simple, yet effective set up and take some amazing pics. I would've expected you to have a studio of some sort in your basement. im gonna work on different types of light and bouncing more in-direct light and see what happens. I have an 18MP Nikon SLR but in everyday pics, my cell an LG G7 16MP takes just as good pics, but I really need to up my game to get to your level. thanks for the info and reply

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:

And, when doing gun pics, or anything close-up, no need for zoom. Cool

Exactly Wink

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 339 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Additionally, for many of the smartphone camera enthusiasts, there are several phone apps that are available for both Android and iPhones like Halide, Focos, and Prisma out there to use enhancements and tons of creative features to add when taking photos with smartphones. I have these downloaded on my phone but there are many others that you can use.

There are also lens kits that are available if you also like to experiment. Many different programs for any post production work outside of in-camera editing for further photo manipulations and editing. I have the Affinity program loaded on my MacBook that took the place of the dated Apeture program, mainly used for real flexible post production editing if you really want to go deep, outside of using a good DSLR.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Q, Is that an re-purposed x-ray light box behind the red display cloth?

Very nice pistol and as everyone else has indicated, terrific photos.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'll also toss in some images of some creative portable adjustable table top lighting that has worked great for getting just the right amount and/or angle of light for snapping some quick images. They are AA battery powered and LED lights that have 3 brightness adjustments. That coupled with some homemade filters for the LED's if needed hit the spot. I experiment with all kinds of light as good lighting is one of the major ingredients for tweaking out some good images. Smartphones are more than capable of taking some superb images.

I can see 12131 you are quite the enthusiast from your table top set ups, well done!

Here's a recent example of using these lights and gloss black plexiglass squares for a creative look with my Python using an iPhone X

Regards, Will G.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Yeah. My clinic finally got out of the stone age and went all digital radiology a couple of years ago. So, instead of letting them toss old light boxes, I took one home using it for this purpose.

Q

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Nice find. What a beautiful addition to your collection. Congratulations on filling a missing link.
By the way you describe your collection, I am assuming you have a 228 in each finish, for each year of manufacture?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Yeah. My clinic finally got out of the stone age and went all digital radiology a couple of years ago. So, instead of letting them toss old light boxes, I took one home using it for this purpose.

As cheap recycling filters, I've chopped up purified gallon water jugs and taped them over desk lamps to tone down and add a filter-like look to images on desk tops. I'd love to get my hands on one of those x-ray light boxes, they look to be the ticket. Great work Q! I'm far from any kind of photographer myself, just an amateur enthusiast you could say. I'd love to see more of your photo's.

Regards, Will G.

Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut. Thanks for sharing!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post