SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    An amazing looking factory full Nickel KF P228
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An amazing looking factory full Nickel KF P228 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Unfired/NOS from previous owner. Grease all dried up. Tight as a drum. Probably racked more than a few time, judging by the look of the barrel hood. There is a linear scratch on top of the slide that might have been there prior to plating. Who knows, but that doesn't detract from the beauty of this gun. With this addition, the former empty KF slot in my Ni P228 collection is filled. Cool

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I'm not usually a nickel gun sort of guy, but the 228 pulls it off pretty well.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4619 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Excellent replacement! Very nice find.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you snagged that one up. Beautiful 228.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Did you just get it?

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a Beauty, congrats. With envy too !

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Nice one ! Love the Nickel P228

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2769 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
That looks amazing indeed. About all there is to say.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Nice....VERY Nice! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8890 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s a dandy.

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is absolutely beautiful.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. Glad to see it found its way into your stable.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scratch was there before plating, it's a tooling mark and perfectly straight.

But the pistol is absolutely beautiful and like going back in time.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The scratch was there before plating, it's a tooling mark and perfectly straight.

But the pistol is absolutely beautiful and like going back in time.

Thank you, Jimmy. Glad to have someone with the tooling knowledge.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, your thread about your other full nickel broke my heart. Glad you found a beautiful replacement. Smile

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That's as nice as they get, a real beauty Q! Well done!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I'm not usually a nickel gun sort of guy, but the 228 pulls it off pretty well.

I agree

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, both on acquiring a beautiful gu, and also filling the hole in your Ni collection.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
12131, the gun looks better in your pics than it did in the auction. its gorgeous! which leads me to my next question. your pics are ALWAYS amazing quality and highly detailed. what are you doing with lighting to take such great photos?? my lighting is always too bright and washes out detail or too dark and loses detail and some light puts a weird yellowish hue/tint to the pics. thanks

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Tom, in person, it is even better. But, you already knew that. Wink

Thanks for the compliments, but man, I'm no expert at anything, when it comes to photography. The pic below is my current amateurish setup. It took me the longest time to get to where things are. I used to use soft white light, and that will always give you that yellow tint, even when the gun is white. On many older pics, the Ni guns show more yellow tint than actuality. And, an old low power digital camera didn't help much.

So, currently,

Lighting - All daylight white, as seen. And, the ceiling fan 4 light bulbs are also daylight. I take most of the pics at night. But, when it's morning, I also open the blind to let the natural light in. Also, depending on the guns, sometimes, one, or two lights are off.

Camera - Just the cell phone camera (Samsung S6), nothing fancy.

Q