SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Input Requested regarding Walther, Colt 1911 Gold Cup .22 LR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Input Requested regarding Walther, Colt 1911 Gold Cup .22 LR Login/Join 
posted
I have just been offered the opportunity to purchase a Walther Colt 1911 Government Gold Cup Semi-Auto in 22 L.R., 5" barrel. It is new in box. The gun is part of an estate that is being liquidated.

I researched them on line at Walther.com and what is written sounds normal. I viewed them online at Gunbroker.com The sale price appears to be a little high. That is the only knowledge I have about this gun / model, authorized by Colt.

I am hoping one of you may have direct first hand knowledge about the quality of the model and any thoughts regarding what to look for.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

Knighthawk

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I don't have the Gold Cup model. I have the FDE "combat" style but internally, I have to believe they are all the same. It's a .22. That said, mine has been perfectly reliable, accurate enough and kinda cool plopping a light on it and using it in my duty holsters while at the range.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inspcalahan,

Thank you for your input. The seller is now reconsidering the sale of the item.

Once again...Thank You

Knighthawk

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post