SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    upgrade barrel for P365x?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

upgrade barrel for P365x? Login/Join 
Picture of cuseC08
posted
Hey everyone. I'm thinking up upgrading the barrel on my P365x and so far with my limited knowledge it seems the best one on the market is the True Precision. Wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or barrels to look into. Also trying to see what the gun looks like with different color barrels so if you got any pictures please post them. Any other advice or thoughts on the benefit of an upgraded barrel would be appreciated. I'm not looking at the threaded ones though. Definitely staying non-threaded for this particular firearm.

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Why do you think your pistol needs a different barrel?

Posts: 107251 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ 2nd that

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you shot your 365 yet? The barrel on the gun is quite accurate,probably more so than the average shooter. As far as finish goes, if you wanted to change the color,that is up to you. The finish is pretty durable on the barrel but many companies can do the refinishing but it could affect your warranty. Personally, I would just shoot it first and bring a few types of ammo with you, to see how it functions with each. Other than that, the 365X is a great gun as is.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
The stock barrel is good. If you want a different look, send it off to CCR for some CPII treatment. This will most likely void the warranty though.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you arent going with a threaded barrel I'd stay with the stock one which is typically quite good. Unless you just want to add bling which is, of course, your option.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, don’t waste your money.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Only reason I can think of is to go to threaded or just add some bling. But hey if you want some bling. It's all good.

I'm a big fan of faxon products in general. https://faxonfirearms.com/365/

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Why do you think your pistol needs a different barrel?

3rd that. I'd invest my new barrel money into training ammo.

But do what floats your boat. I can't recommend any new barrels because I can't shoot "better" than the stock barrel.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuseC08
posted Hide Post
For those asking why. It's just another way to modify the gun to personalize it and make it more accurate. Although for the average weekend shooter like myself if I make it a tad bit more accurate I'll barely notice I don't care. I just think when I look at the gun and it says "True" on the barrel it looks pretty cool. It's just for fun and why not? Why do we pay money to get grip modifications? Same thing. Anyway.... if anyone has any experience with True Precision or recommends another barrel let me know. I've also heard that some of the barrels are designed to cool a little faster or not get as hot. Not sure if that matters much though.

posted Hide Post
I feel Bar Sto are the best out there. But not needed for typical 365 distances.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cuseC08:
For those asking why. It's just another way to modify the gun to personalize it and make it more accurate.
The pistol already can outshoot you.

If this pistol is something you don't rely on to function at a critical moment, then, sure, put any color barrel you like in it.

Just be aware that when you change major components in a system, you may be asking for trouble.

posted Hide Post
If you want to do it for looks, knock yourself out, but if you're posting a thread to ask about an excellent barrel choice for the P365, then the factory barrel is my first choice. Anything else you put in there isn't an "upgrade." Just an expense. If it's about show and tell, and you are after bling, then stick anything in there. It isn't going to shoot better, tighter, or be more reliable than the factory barrel.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Looking at True Precision, I see they're a Georgia company. True Precision

So, buy American! Yessir. Looking at your finish options, I'd go with the black DLC.

posted Hide Post
Grayguns uses them for their P365 barrel compensator setup.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's all the endorsement they need, AFAIC.

Picture of cuseC08
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'll probably just stick with the factory Barrel. I got the idea b/c my brother in-law get the zev slide which came with the zev barrel. It just got me thinking maybe I can further upgrade my firearm.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Why not, go for it if you like the look, nothing wrong with it, I'd get the threaded though, because - suppressor.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Looking at True Precision, I see they're a Georgia company. True Precision

So, buy American! Yessir. Looking at your finish options, I'd go with the black DLC.

They are within a mile of my old house.

Which of course I didn’t learn until I moved 600 miles away Mad

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post