SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    W.German 226 pair w/ walnut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

W.German 226 pair w/ walnut Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted
I recently posted about some factory walnut I scored off eBay, and then found a nice factory gun with a set as well. A factory nickel 226 popped up locally last weekend (here on the forum) and against my better judgment, I jumped on it (I had just paid the balance on my Swiss 751 SAPR).

As much as I love the feel of the W.German plastic grips, I figured this would make a matching pair. I also have a pair of P230's with the same style grips...I'll have to get a pic of all four together.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Wood grips look great, ads to the character of the gun.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Walnut stocks are hansome as can be. Those dont change the excellent grip pfofile of the P226. Did you get nickle magazines with it ? OK, I can see the mag base.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
All I can say is thank God it was a .40 and I was at a party or else I would have beat you to it.

She's a fine looker. Enjoy!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Bought a stainless P226 for (relatively) cheap. Shopped for some Nills when I could. Feels like they are just supposed to be there and the last guy just ordered it wrong.

I think your judgement is almost as bad as mine. Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
All I can say is thank God it was a .40 and I was at a party or else I would have beat you to it.

She's a fine looker. Enjoy!

Oh, no...this is a 9mm. The 40 was the second one for sale.

Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I wanted that Nickel one so much. I had the chance but I passed, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. I would've done the same and put some nice wood grips on it. I'm glad it went to a good home. I'm probably going to visit this page a dozen times this week just to admire. Congrats!

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It was just random chance x2 that brought the grips and gun together. Like karma working or something

posted Hide Post
They look great PGT

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic......need to see the 230's !

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Looks great.
For me wood grips look great for show but I much prefer rubber grips for shooting.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
The checkered back straps look great!
I’d love to find a beat up set for my beat up 220 heel release.

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post