SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer! Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have this CZ RAMI that has been nothing but trouble. After second trip to CZUSA I tested it yesterday and it ran 150 rounds through with zero problems. I am going to be selling or trading it soon now that it's finally fixed and replacing it with more mags for my sigs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
There was a time when I had three gun safes. I had them full of either HK or Sig's depending on my collecting mood. So, after selling almost every variant of the HK P7 series I had including a couple Trials guns, and my W. German P series Sig's with a couple SIG P210's thrown in, I am down to two Glock 19's and a 42.
I tried to warm up my HK love the last couple months with a VP9, USP9 and a P2000 9mm. I realized that I just need to keep what makes sense for me, so the HK's were sold off.

I've done the same with long guns, but that is for another post Smile

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1522 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Does not compute ...

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226. I have a couple, nothing wrong with them but I prefer others. Here is the weird one, I love 320's and shoot them well but the glock bug got me and I am back to shooting them all the time. So P226's and 320's. Maybe.

Posts: 7448 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I used to be an avid big game and varmint hunter. But not so much the past several years. Took decent trophies of the species that interested me, so now I think I'm done.

I have a dozen big game and varmint rifles and can't seem to make myself sell a one. Surely many of them have some sentimental value, but they are not seeing any use at all.

Guess many of us are just accumulators.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I kind of think I'm done buying models in the the DA/SA world.

Not going to get rid of the 4 of them that I have, but likely not getting any more.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Basically anything that I don’t shoot in competition has been sold to fund competitions. I probably have a couple of 2011’s I could stand to part with, backups to backups or set up for disciplines I don’t or rarely shoot...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two keepers in .40, a P239 Rainbow Ti and a P226 40/357. Both are VERY accurate and easy to shoot, and I have a lot of mags for each. I may at some point drop in 9mm barrels, but likely won't ever part with them.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Since I don't shoot anymore I'm considering letting go of my holdouts. A Wilson and Nighthawk custom built 1911's and my Python.
No one to hand down and my wife would find the easiest route to just get them out of the house after I'm gone. It's just so hard to let go..but inevitable.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last 6 months I have thinned the herd a bit.

Sold:
FN Barracuda
Glock 17 RTF
Glock 22 Gen2
Glock 22 RTF
Glock 23c RTF
Kel-Tec PLR-16
Marlin 30.30.
S&W_629-4
Springfield M1A
Walther PPQ .45

Will probably sell:
Ruger 10-22
Remington 1100
S&W Victory
Kimber
MGI/PSA AR-15

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3907 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Since I don't shoot anymore I'm considering letting go of my holdouts. A Wilson and Nighthawk custom built 1911's and my Python.
No one to hand down and my wife would find the easiest route to just get them out of the house after I'm gone. It's just so hard to let go..but inevitable.

Sorry to hear that Will G. I would definitely keep a couple of those if at all possible as it is fun just to handle and admire something of that quality.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

Sorry to hear that Will G. I would definitely keep a couple of those if at all possible as it is fun just to handle and admire something of that quality.
Yeah, if I ever get to that stage I'm sure I will keep my Beretta 87BB

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to consolidate my collection to the M&P and CZ75 platforms only.
I shoot both in competition so I want my carry pistols to be the same.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
grump1 and RHINOWSO, Though it going to be like extracting teeth, it's just a shame that they just sit in their soft cases. Likely I'd already have started the process but shipping them is kinda "iffy". I'd love to just be able to walk in a shop and sell them without taking a big hit. The Wilson is a Classic Supergrade and cost a good bit, the Nighthawk was over 3k originally to custom build also. Both have honestly been fired each less than 150rds. The Python is near mint 76' 6" in nickel so they're all great handguns. My plan is to sell a few other unrelated items first and the handguns last, unless things escalate.

I will however keep my p228 until the very end as it's my home defense weapon. Things are what they are, and at times in your life, we all have to make necessary adjustments.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
PPQ and P226.

the PPQ's trigger was just too light and I doubled too often to make me feel save with it.

The P226 was my first Sig and I loved it in the beginning but after experimenting with other guns, Sigs, HK, 1911 and Glock it became apparent the P226 would be collecting dust in my safe. Nice pistol that I shot fairly well just no place for it and since my BHP has a permanent seat on my Safe Queen throne it had to go.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I’ll play... I tend to go in and out of entire lines...

Sold all my Glocks for HK’s,
Sold all my HK’s for Sigs
Sold my Sigs for Glocks
Sold my Glocks for M&P’s
Sold my M&P’s for Glocks.

After tons of wasted money I’m pretty darn satisfied and settled with my Glocks. Yeah I like the P365, but not enough to change.

I did keep a W German 225 and W German 226. Haven’t shot either in at least five years but I just can’t bare to sell them.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting circle. Glocks do have an appealing nature and attraction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
I’ll play... I tend to go in and out of entire lines...

Sold all my Glocks for HK’s,
Sold all my HK’s for Sigs
Sold my Sigs for Glocks
Sold my Glocks for M&P’s
Sold my M&P’s for Glocks.

Sounds like... an evolution.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
WASR-10

Newer Rem-870 HD (I have three 80's and earlier 870's and will never part with them)

Ruger GP-100 (357)

Walther P22 (HATED IT)

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of money tied up in TDA SIG-Sauers (2ea P226s, 1ea P228, 2ea P229 Legion) that I will probably only rarely shoot. As soon as my M17B gets the new grip module and I test it with hollowpoints, it's going in my nightstand safe.

If I had any sense at all I would sell all of them, but both P226s were gifts from my father, the P228 is a triple-serial classic that fills the M11 billet in my US Army collection, and the Legion is the height of what a P229 can be (IMHO). I will almost certainly sell one of the Legions.

I'm tempted to put the Beretta M9 on this list, since once I get to an Army unit that issues the M17 I'll probably never train on the M9 again, but I do not know and cannot control the fielding schedule for the M17, which means the Beretta still has utility as a pre-deployment training tool (and likely will until the M9 is completely phased out of Army inventory).

If I'm honest, all of my defensive shotguns should be on this list too, but they're too much fun when I do bring them out of the safe.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post