SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Culling Your Collection! Once Loved but No Longer! Login/Join 
posted
What firearms did you once love but no longer want? Perhaps items that have lost value or interest but for which no good sale or trading means exist.

For myself I have the following that I no longer have use: 1) Walther PPQ 22LR (after 10,000 rounds I am tired of it); 2: HK P30LS (other handguns have surpased it); 3) Ruger SR22; 4) CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1 (with that massive bolt I never warmed up to it).

What needs to be culled in your armory?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
I occasionally let one go to get another. Nothing left in my collection that I am tired of. No plans to gain or lose anything right now.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A loooong time ago, I had a 1911 in 45ACP. Two of them in fact. I wised up and traded two single stack .45 1911s for a double stack 10mm 1911.

Haven't a need for a .45 1911 since.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All the HKs (USP regular, Tactical, Expert, Elite, Compact, P30, HK45)

All the CZs (full size 75, PCR, P-01, Compact)

All the Berettas 92 series

All the classic Walthers (P88, P88c, P5, P5c)

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve traded/sold about as many as I own. Among many others, Sig 229, 239 are gone.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any 1911’s in .45 anymore. Heresy I know but I literally shot them once in 10 years.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh, As far as I can remember I sold exactly two things in 40 years. PTR91 as it sucked, and mini30 as a barn was too small a target. Exactly why anyone would get rid of HK's, CZ's and Beretta's I would be at a loss to explain.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
We’re not collectors, we’re accumulators until the next “got to have” comes along.
I’m down to a P220, a 20 year old Robar Colt Commander, Glock 19, 26, 42 and my trusty Astra Constable.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Ruger handguns are all gone.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've sold every H & K pistol I've had:

VP9 blued
VP9 gray
P30
45C
45 full size
USP 45

They're nice pistols, I just cannot warm up to them.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All my 3rd generation S&W automatics. I loved those things and simply couldn't handle S&W discontinuing the entire line.

I now own and like two M&Ps, even carry the Shield 9, but would have rather had S&W keep the 3rd Gen line, or introduce a 4th Gen improved line. Something about dumping what was the signature S&W line-up to essentially copy Glock makes me feel icky. I'm not sure it worked out for S&W.

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Kind Cobra, Stainless, Four Inch from 1987 (less than 50 rounds through it); Was going to sell/trade it...but instead I will pass it to my youngest son later this month.

Posts: 186 | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 23. I liked it ok. At the time I decided to go 100% DA revolver, so I sold the Glock as it was my only semi-auto at the time. Also, while I wouldn't call it a "hard kicker" it was a little snappier than I would've liked for a gun that size (which is funny because an airweight snub was my primary carry gun for several years). Plus I got slide bite every time I went to the range. So off it went.

Funny thing is I now have more semi-autos than revolvers. *shrug* I currently have no interest in selling any of the guns I have now, and am actually hoping to expand it somewhat this year.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I'm down to 3 SIGs, a 10/22, and an AR-15. I've had plenty of HKs, Glocks, S&Ws, Rugers, SIGs, etc come and go. It'll be nice to be able to focus on a few staples of the collection. I will admit that a pistol caliber carbine is on my short list.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Most everything except a couple of Glocks. I had a couple of HKs, 3rd Gen Smiths, a P239, 220, (3) 226s. The only thing that I might be interested in is a SAO 226 Legion, G43x/48. I pretty much converted my pistols to rifles. Optics are the new interest to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one gun I would sell: Springfield XDs9. It is my my first, only, and last polymer striker-fired pistol. It never failed to go bang, but the slide bite is ridiculous and it just doesn't work well enough for me to justify keeping.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
.... 2: HK P30LS (other handguns have surpased it)...

Heresy! Wink

Please do elaborate...I'm curious.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Just sold my P88c today and P88 hopefully will go soon. Very cool guns but don't seem to be appreciating so meh.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
all my sigs with the exception of the 365 just love that one. 1911's ruger markII .22 hk p7m8 just gets too hot. lwrc ar15 for the same reason.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
So you liked the guns. They still worked for you. But because Smith discontinued the line, you felt the need to sell them off? Why?

If you were worried about parts, you could have picked up some spares back then. I bet parts are still available now.

quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
All my 3rd generation S&W automatics. I loved those things and simply couldn't handle S&W discontinuing the entire line.

I now own and like two M&Ps, even carry the Shield 9, but would have rather had S&W keep the 3rd Gen line, or introduce a 4th Gen improved line. Something about dumping what was the signature S&W line-up to essentially copy Glock makes me feel icky. I'm not sure it worked out for S&W.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post