SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taurus GX4 - Don't laugh!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus GX4 - Don't laugh! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

I don’t trust any manufacturer who lets something like that out into the market.

I remember when this video first came out over 5 years ago as I had a Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm in desert tan and did not want to send it to Taurus for an exchange for one of their newer firearms. I did some heavy research and if I remember correctly; found a post on one of the other firearm forums that said that these Taurus 24/7 firearms were in Brazil for a police contract and found to have been modified by someone which caused this problem. I am guessing they wanted another maker to win the contract. There were some people in the USA that tested their own USA 24/7 and shook the crap and none of them had any discharge like what is seen here. I did the same on a range trip and had no accidental discharge like the video. Again this is just what I remember. I ended up never sending my 24/7 OSS 9mm and glad I kept it as it is a very nice firearm. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, the GX4 does NOT have a manual safety.

I personally consider that an oversight (at least to have it as an option.) But I know that many, like you, do not agree.

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
G43- no safety
P365- no safety
J frame - no safety
Ruger LCP- no safety
Taurus- has a safety, with no option as far as I know , to not have a safety. Deal killer.

I have the G2C by Taurus and it’s junk. Jams and jams. My laps in judgement will not be repeated.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

I have the G2C by Taurus and it’s junk. Jams and jams. My laps in judgement will not be repeated.

LOL. Been there too. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Yeah the trigger problems right out of the gate pretty much sums it up for me; no GX4s or any other Taurus for me. I've already been there with that company. Too few years left in my life to want to deal with their potential tripe again.

Likewise. Been there, done that!

Posts: 53 | Location: Towson, MD | Registered: September 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a number of Taurus handguns, some I have had for over twenty years. I wore one out once, Taurus replaced it. And I have sufficient resources to fire many, many thousands of rounds if I so desire. I occasionally still shoot my Taurus 92C from the late 80's/early 90's.

Taurus often makes innovative guns in response to market demand. I respect that strategy, even though some have been colossal failures.

That being said, I have not bought a GX4, and probably won't. I have a number of guns in that size category and simply don't need or want any more.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post