Notify
Tools

Buying a 380 Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most subjective recoil was both blow backs. Most uncomfortable was Roooger pocket pistol ...

While I agree the LCP stings my fingers a little, it is not a blowback.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Just saw magazines for baby rock on eBay $25.00.

Ha-ha! No thanks to your thread, I finally snagged a Baby Rock up and tried it out at the range last night.

The one and only magazine that it came with ran perfectly the first time and the pistol shot fine. But while I was loading rounds into the magazine the second time, the follower seemed to keep binding up near the bottom of the magazine. The rounds looked ok after I was able to remove them. Using fresh rounds from the box, ( Aguile FMJs ) the magazine follower would continue to bind up after loading several rounds.

I've ordered more magazines so hopefully everything will be good to go.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
380 day at the range last week. Fun shoot, multiple ammos & 4 different 380s.
Opinions of the shooters:
<snip>
The Colt Gov380 was overall #1 choice for pleasant accurate plinking. Typical 80% strikes on the plates. Love the grip/frame size. Good pocket carry as well.

I like the Colt Government 380 too. I’ve long wished that SIG would make a long slide version of the P238.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Of those you mention....Beretta

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was listening to the AAR podcast earlier today. The President of Bersa was on and said some time in 2019, they sold the 1 Millionth Bersa Thunder 380. Nothing says success like those kind of sales numbers.

Many years ago I bought a P230SL. IMHO, that was one of the very best 380's ever made. Elegant and effective. I sold it and bought a P239 to replace it. I love the P239 in 357 but I miss having the P230SL.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In .380, I vote for designs that are not blowback. In modern designs, I think this is basically the Sig P238.

In blowback, I like the Bersa Thunder- after I radiused the frame under the trigger guard so it didn't eat my knuckle.

Now, my favorite .380acp handgun is probably either my CZ24 [rotating barrel to delay recoil] or my Star Model S Super [swinging link a la 1911].

I am not stuck on it being new, and not planning on carrying it for SD- so it is more for fun than anything else.

The Bersa has the best sights and best trigger without modification to it.

My frame of reference, in .380acp fired: Sig P238, Ruger LCP, Bersa Firestorm/Thunder, Walther PPk, Sig P232, Beretta 70S, Femaru M37, CZ24, Star Model S Super.

If I were to do pocket carry of a .380, I'd probably go Sig P238, as it was the best balance of size and how it worked for me.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've owned, and shot a bunch of 380s. I used to own a stainless, Colt Government, that was very accurate, but, I just didn't like to carry it cocked, with the safety on, because the safety didn't lock the slide. I SHOULD have kept it.
I'm down to two 380s. A BG380, that has very good accuracy potential if it didn't have such a horrible trigger, and a Kahr CW380 that's probably the softest shooting, and most accurate 380 I've ever shot.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've had a few 380s over the years, but none currently and I don't see a real need for one at this point. The one I had that I enjoyed the most was a Cheetah 85FS nickel. What a beauty that I sold in a moment of weakness.

If I were to add a 380 it would be Browning 1911-380 Black Label. Just like the 1911 platform and the looks of that somewhat down sized pistol.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe an old adjustable sight Browning...

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Not thrilled by the old Browning .380, but I sure like your tag line. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8957 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
SIG P238’s are fun to shoot as a range gun.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I am afraid the 380 will have to wait a while. Just purchased an older generation S&W single stack 9mm.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I wanted a .380 fun gun for a while. Looked hard at the Beretta 84's et al. Then I realized the ammo cost difference with say, 9mm and it didn't make sense to me anymore. I eventually picked up my only 22LR in an M&P22 (Walther/Umarex made) full size pistol with the idea that I would use it as a 'first step' to familiarize new shooters to firearms. It never happened.

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
I am afraid the 380 will have to wait a while. Just purchased an older generation S&W single stack 9mm.

Oh boooo.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my P230SL

and my Glock 42

but my Berettas are my favorite .380s.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post