SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shortage of Classic P Series SIGs?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shortage of Classic P Series SIGs? Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted
I am on the lookout for a classic DA/SA P226 or 229 in 9mm. I haven’t seen one in a couple of months in my local gun stores (western Michigan). I saw one 229 Legion for $1,300 but it was purchased as I watched.

Is this a National issue or merely regional?

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Sig is admittedly focusing on P320 and Legion lines since that is what sells.

Best bet is an auction site or used if you're in a hurry.

I've been able to snag a few this past year just being patient in 3-4 forum's lassified section.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6238 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
They are getting hard to find. A month ago some guy sold his whole collection to a LGS. It was the old W. German stuff too. It was quite a sight to behold. Would have been totally normal 20 yrs. ago, but these days, no more. I don't need any more, but I can't stop my hankering for another P220. When the right deal pops up, I'm gonna pounce.

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only alloy P-SIGs that we've been getting (besides the outrageously priced--to me--P320 AXGs) have been the Legion series guns, with an occasional Mk25 thrown in, though the last one of those arrived back in June or July. Right now it's the P229 Legions that seems to be the models that are shipping. We got in from SIG a couple of "optified" P229 Legions two weeks ago and the non-optic versions last week.

-MG

Posts: 1927 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I have a 320 and a 365, but want to re-acquire what I sold years ago, the classic hammer models. If I have learned anything from this it is to NOT sell any firearms. Ever.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gman…ok if I pm you? Or you can pm me.
I don’t spend a lot of time responding to posts but have been around for a while.

Posts: 1 | Location: MT | Registered: February 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Sig is admittedly focusing on P320 and Legion lines since that is what sells.

This motive is the reason why I don't think we'll see the P210 Carry until Christmas 2022, at the earliest, regardless of the model's inclusion in the 2021 catalog.
It's too bad Sig won't make it a double-stack design, in the meantime, to compete against their own P365 and others such as the future DWX Compact.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I'm patiently sitting and waiting for a LE-only black DA/SA P226 Legion RXP. They seem rarer than hen's teeth.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4190 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Here's a decent deal, perfect candidate for a refinish job too.

https://www.guns.com/firearms/...987&utm_medium=cl_NA

Posts: 3491 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rayj003:
Gman…ok if I pm you? Or you can pm me.
I don’t spend a lot of time responding to posts but have been around for a while.

Reply sent and welcome to the forum!

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I have a 320 and a 365, but want to re-acquire what I sold years ago, the classic hammer models. If I have learned anything from this it is to NOT sell any firearms. Ever.

My Dad told me this the whole time I was growing up.

As a result, I've sold 2 of my own guns. One that was defective and one to a friend who begged me to sell him one and since I owed him, I sold him a gun.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
My dad asked me to sell a bunch of his guns at a gun show in VA long ago. Man, I regret doing that. I couldn't really afford to buy them off him at the time and wasn't really looking to have those makes and models in my collection. But now I miss them. And they're obviously no easier to find or cheaper these days. Pretty happy with my classic P-series SIG collection though.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm sorely tempted to put a P226SAO Legion with red dot on my next wanted list but that is one heck of a chunk of money to throw out. could not even find a standard P226SAO on gun broker.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
In spite of my promise never to give Sig my money after they discontinued the P225 again, I find myself starting to lust over a P226 DA/SA Legion again.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Maybe??
https://palmettostatearmory.co...rral&utm_campaign=el

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25339 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Here's a decent deal, perfect candidate for a refinish job too.

https://www.guns.com/firearms/...987&utm_medium=cl_NA

Double action only. Yuck. Glad a caught that before I ordered.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25339 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Damn, hadn't noticed that. Yeah, no good. I did get a nice police turn-in P229 in .357SIG long ago for $392 from CDNN. I sent it to Robar and they really turned it into a sweet gun, all for far less than that gun would have cost new.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Seems normal, and as OttoSig mentioned, Sig is focusing on the polymer guns for the moment.

I found a 226 West German at the end of August on Armslist for $950. I am real finicky about my guns and only bought it because it had the box, test target and manual with it. At the time I didn't want to pay that much, but looking back I believe that was a fair price, especially for a WG with all the original items with it.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Maybe??

My MK25 is becoming my favorite DA/SA Sig and getting a good amount of play at the range. My only gripe is the lack of a SRT kit for the price which I remedied with a kit from GGI.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Maybe??

I would jump on that but it is out of stock. I’m not sure what the difference in price is between the M25 and standard 226 or what the differences in features are exactly.