SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I went a little crazy at the gunstore today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I went a little crazy at the gunstore today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Now that's my kinda great day! Enjoy them!

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I knew I’d find support here Wink

Thanks for the heads up on the Smith recall. I looked it up and thankfully mine was built after the recall date.

I’m really excited about the M17. I was planning on getting a Gen 5 G17 MOS but I just can’t warm up to the Gen 5 for some reason. I’m know I’m in the minority but I prefer the Gen 3 Glocks. The M17 just melted to my hand. I can’t wait to get some range time in with it. There’s a real chance it leads to a 365 purchase soon.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Sweeeeet!

I shot my 15-22 for the first time today. It didn’t like Remington ammo too much. I’ll try federal and Winchester next time. Still, reasonably accurate with the red/green dot that came with it. I’ve got an old Security Six. What’s the difference between it and the Speed?

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The Security Six has an adjustable rear sight and has a more square butt grip. There is also a Service Six with the trench sights of the Speed Six and the grip of the Security Six. The Speed Six has the round grip and trench sights.

There are barrel length differences too but I don’t recall all the variations. Also I know that the Speed Six was offered in 9mm and I don’t think the others were. I’d love one of those.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Now that’s the way to blow off steam!

Hope they bring you and your son a lot of fun as you make memories together.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the move and all the changes you've made. Enjoy your new toys. Looks like you'll be enjoying them with your son too.

What area in FL did you end up? Hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow - nice haul

particularly like that Speed Six

now for the visit from the ATF !! Big Grin

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

What area in FL did you end up? Hope you enjoy your stay.

We are moving to Venice. We are still in the house in GA for another week and a half until we close, then we are moving to a hotel so the kids can finish school here. We are moving down in the middle of May but my apartment isn’t ready until the 5th of June so I’ll be back in a hotel.

I’m excited for the move. I’ve spent a few weeks down there this year and I’m in love with the area.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I’ve got an old Security Six. What’s the difference between it and the Speed?

Grip shape and rear sight: What are the differences? Security Six/Service Six/Speed Six

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very productive on all fronts - congratulations!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
You might get a knock on the door from two guys in suits driving a crown Vic.

Congratulations on the purchases. Give us a range report on the GP 10mm. I've had my eye on one of those for a little while now.

Before I got my FFL I bought 5 J-frame smith Revolvers because they were a great deal and I love smith revolvers. I had 2 guys in suits show up at my work in a tahoe. When I asked them if I did anything wrong and why they were bugging me at work they told me because I'm never at home. WELL DUH! I need to pay for my toys somehow. Long story short I told them to leave me alone unless I did something wrong and they left.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
all nice pieces!!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally, I am in awe of your self restraint. I could not have ended the day with an odd number of purchases; I would of bought a sixth firearm of some sort. The Security/Service/Speed Six series are my favorite Rugers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Colby Bruce,

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Actually it was three gunstores. Wink

A very long story kind of short, since the first of this year my life has been very busy. Me and my wife of almost 20 years got divorced, I sold my house of over 16 years and planned a move to FL. Between all the crap with finalizing the divorce, getting the house ready to sell plus packing, plus traveling to FL to find new places, it was a lot. Then to add to it all I got an amazing career opportunity that I had to take which requires more travel but is way more satisfying. Also it pays a lot more which helps. Big Grin

Yesterday I got my final paycheck from my old company which included almost 300 hours of PTO I had left over. I woke my son up this morning and told him we needed to blow off some steam and we should go blow a part of it.

We started with the Smith M&P 15-22 for him. He shot a .22 AR a few months ago and has been begging me for one. His 12th birthday was just a few weeks ago and I promised we'd get him one when I next got paid.

Then in the Ruger case they had a 10mm Talo exclusive GP100. I love the GP and the 10mm cartridge and have been drooling over this since I saw it online. While he was writing us up I saw probably my favorite gun of the day, a 4" Ruger Speed Six. This thing is in amazing shape. It's been well taken care of for sure. I am a sucker for the old Six Series Rugers.

We left that store and went to another and I picked up the Glock 48. I have been wanting to downsize from the G19 I have been carrying for almost a decade and I have wanted Glock to make a single stack 19 for almost as long as I have had the 19. This was a no-brainer.

Finally we hit Cabelas. I didn't really intend to buy a gun there because they are usually overpriced but they had the M17 on sale and when I looked it up online their price matched every online seller I saw. Then I saw the Sig promotion for a $50 store credit and two 21 round mags with the purchase of the M17 and I jumped on it.

Sorry I am following up a lot of words with a lackluster group picture but it is the best I could do tonight.

What a fun day! Good On Ya!

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice shopping trip.
All 5 are nice picks. Liking the Ruger wheelgun in 10mm.

I would trade an old X -wife for 5 guns any day.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is a wonderful day at the LGS! But what are you going to do tomorrow? Wish you luck!

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heckuva way to blow off steam! It's cool that you included the boy with you. Memories forever for that young lad.

Love the old Ruger revolver. So nice. Big time score there. I really, really like your G48. That's next on the hit parade for me.

Congrats on the great day. Enjoy!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice shopping spree!

Years ago, I recall picking up a lot of sharks teeth on the beach at Venice.

Posts: 27 | Location: FL | Registered: September 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of presidingglock
posted Hide Post
Enjoy and Congrats on your new toys.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Are you trying to be the Imelda Marcos of firearms? Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post