SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I went a little crazy at the gunstore today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I went a little crazy at the gunstore today Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
Actually it was three gunstores. Wink

A very long story kind of short, since the first of this year my life has been very busy. Me and my wife of almost 20 years got divorced, I sold my house of over 16 years and planned a move to FL. Between all the crap with finalizing the divorce, getting the house ready to sell plus packing, plus traveling to FL to find new places, it was a lot. Then to add to it all I got an amazing career opportunity that I had to take which requires more travel but is way more satisfying. Also it pays a lot more which helps. Big Grin

Yesterday I got my final paycheck from my old company which included almost 300 hours of PTO I had left over. I woke my son up this morning and told him we needed to blow off some steam and we should go blow a part of it.

We started with the Smith M&P 15-22 for him. He shot a .22 AR a few months ago and has been begging me for one. His 12th birthday was just a few weeks ago and I promised we'd get him one when I next got paid.

Then in the Ruger case they had a 10mm Talo exclusive GP100. I love the GP and the 10mm cartridge and have been drooling over this since I saw it online. While he was writing us up I saw probably my favorite gun of the day, a 4" Ruger Speed Six. This thing is in amazing shape. It's been well taken care of for sure. I am a sucker for the old Six Series Rugers.

We left that store and went to another and I picked up the Glock 48. I have been wanting to downsize from the G19 I have been carrying for almost a decade and I have wanted Glock to make a single stack 19 for almost as long as I have had the 19. This was a no-brainer.

Finally we hit Cabelas. I didn't really intend to buy a gun there because they are usually overpriced but they had the M17 on sale and when I looked it up online their price matched every online seller I saw. Then I saw the Sig promotion for a $50 store credit and two 21 round mags with the purchase of the M17 and I jumped on it.

Sorry I am following up a lot of words with a lackluster group picture but it is the best I could do tonight.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
That is awesome. It is always good to blow off some steam and it seems you definitely deserved it.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Good work!

Enjoy them in good health.

I think that M17 will be the sleeper of the bunch. You know how great the Rugers are, and the 15/22 is a known quantity. And the Glock is a no-brainer, like you said.

But I think you'll really enjoy the 320 in that configuration. It's basically the best of both worlds with the carry grip module and the full size slide. I think you'll find it really enjoyable to shoot.

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geeez, you sure did go on a buying spree! BUT, you only live once and looks like you'll have lots of fun with all of them......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Now ya gotta feed 'em!

Congrats and enjoy!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2839 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You might get a knock on the door from two guys in suits driving a crown Vic.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Speed Six is a nice score.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the speed six. Good choices all around, no junk.

I picked up another speed six in a 2" not that long ago. Love it.

Great choice for your son.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Well done!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
Not to rain on your parade-M&P 22 has a recall on current production models.
Glock 48 -- love it. Vedder holster and you are good to go.
Why are we attracted to the 10 mm?? Smith just re released the 610--I had the same reaction for the 4 " 610.

Posts: 2302 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

You are my hero, 5 new guns in one day.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO, you would have been crazy NOT to. Big Grin

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice haul!

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Most excellent day you gave yourself! It sounds like it was deserved and even better, you're in a position to do all that. Even better, you're in a place where you can do all that - called America (save for the few states that like to think they are not....but that's another thread..)

Congrats!

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
awesome!!!! I'm most intrigued by the Ruger speed six. I've always liked those, a lot.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

So if I go to the fun store and they are out of 10mm and the gun case is empty...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Very cool!

My 4" bbl. Security Six was my first center-fire handgun. I haven't carried it or had it out to play in a while. I think I need to address that oversight soon Smile

I have a 15-22, as well. They're a hoot Smile (Which reminds me: I have an ALG ACT trigger I haven't installed in that thing, yet.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
My Gawd, it's an ARSENAL! Razz Big Grin

Congrats, lot of fun right there.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
divorce + new career....things happen for a reason, i wish you well on the new journey.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post