SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally got to fondle a p365 and G43X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got to fondle a p365 and G43X Login/Join 
posted
After many visits to my local gunshop I finally got to see and handle both a P365 and a Glock 43X.
My first impression of the Sig was surprise at how small it looked especially the grip width front to back. The fit and finish was excellent, and I liked the night sights. I did not try the trigger because I never feel comfortable doing that with a salesman breathing down my neck. I did not care for the grip angle or feel.

Jumping to the Glock 43X, as soon as I gripped it the gun just seemed to melt into my hand. The weight and balance were certainly to my liking. Even though it was overall larger than the 365 it felt lighter and less bulky. I also like the grip angle of the G43x and just fit my XL hand better than the Sig.

Overall impression: of the two firearms, for me, the Glock felt so much better and less bulky than the Sig. I think it will make an excellent IWB gun and although I didn't stick it in my pocket I think with the right pants it could even be pocket carried. There will be a Glock 43X in my future.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Were you able to try the P365 with a 12 rounder? It feels like a different animal with one. I loved how it felt, but I was one of the people that had issues. Keep in mind on the P365, when it's loaded, it balances a little better too.

I too went with the 43x. I liked the trigger and overall feel of the P365 over the 43x though. My guess is the 43x wont make a good pocket carry unless you're a giant with baggy pants. I could be wrong though. I tried with a Smith Bodyguard 380 and couldn't pocket carry it either.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I did the same yesterday. The 365 is a great little package, especially with 12rd mags, but I struggle with the trigger.

Fast forward to the 43x, feels great in the hand, only giving up 2 rounds from my current EDC (Glock 26 with +2) and the "standard" Glock trigger. I'll be buying one once they release them in all black. We know they will, it'll just be a matter of time.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'll be buying one once they release them in all black. We know they will, it'll just be a matter of time.

Glockstore has them instock: https://www.glockstore.com/Glo...&color=1&custcol9=93

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I'll have to do some research on what the coating is.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I must confess, I was/am really digging the idea of the 48/43x. I scheduled range time at my local range last Sat., under the impression they had a G48 to rent.
Upon arrival, they had neither G48 or 43x in the rentals, but I reluctantly rented a P365.

After a casual 50 rnds into a fist size group at 10 yrds, I'm now conflicted. I wasn't even trying.
I hope to get back and try a 48/43x soon. They felt great holding them at the counter but that P365 shot great. Proof and pudding and all.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post