SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 26 MOS?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26 MOS? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just want a 43 with MOS slide and a 43x width mag!

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If you’re tired of waiting, there’s always the FN509c MRD. Comparable in size to the G26

Any updates? Know a shot show attendee who got to try one. Even checked my blue label dealer, and haven't seen any.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I have a gen 3 G26, & G19 mos rmr, and then a few other compact options. I'm looking aand trying a hellcat nest.

While a optic adds a bit of size, I'm at the age where I can see distance fine, but need reading glasses, but the vision at the gun sight distance is fading , and always wearing glasses doesn't help. My G19 changes that, and the new green HD sights have helped. New gen optics basically bring me back to myself 20 years ago. So a G26 mos would be my perfect summer option.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would absolutely buy one and put a Trijicon RMR on it. It would be a very fast, concealable package with the right carry equipment.

Posts: 537 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
@cqb60. The quote didn't come out right. I dont want a Fn. I was explaining why I wanted a g26 mos as to my eye condition. Strongly prefer the glock size and familiarity. The only other option right now would be the hellcat.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did I miss somewhere in here why you can't just mill a slide? I like MOS but when I've needed a non MOS glock slide to have an optic I just have it milled. Like lots of them. never an issue. it there something special about the 26?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Understood, no worries. Ty bud Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
@cqb60. The quote didn't come out right. I dont want a Fn. I was explaining why I wanted a g26 mos as to my eye condition. Strongly prefer the glock size and familiarity. The only other option right now would be the hellcat.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
If someone actually wants one of those, I’ve got what is essentially one (a g26 gen 5 with aftermarket slide that has a Holosun 407c mounted in it). I’ve been waffling on selling it. My g19 MOS and G48 MOS have pretty much replaced this in the carry rotation

Para, sorry, not trying to turn this into a for sale thread. If someone wants to see it just shoot me a message. Like I said, not solid I want to sell it, but if folks want to see it, let me know

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I sent my G26 Gen 5 to the Glock Store and had a Holosun C sight cut done. Got it back, great work and re-finishing it, put new higher sights on it, a heavier recoil rod, and the Holosun. I love this pistol, it shoots incredibly well for me. I am both accurate (it is almost as accurate as my HK P7) and fast with it. I did our department combat course with it and had my best score yet (combination of speed and accuracy, along with tactics). The Holosun C is smaller and fits the pistol perfectly (have one on my G48). I usually carry it with a G19 magazine with grip extender and have a G17 or G19 magazine as a spare. With the G19 magazine, I usually carry it OWB or appendix IWB. If I do 3-4 clock IWB (which is seldom now) I use the G26 magazine with a finger extension.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
g19-style frame will fit on G26 frame
(plus a dust cover to cover the portion of recoil spring)
Since there are plenty of g19 style frames
with the cut for optics, may be this is
an option too

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I just don't get the appeal of putting these things on smaller pistols.

I don't either. That said, as long as there are manufacturers ready to make them and people willing to buy them, let 'em roll.

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of libby477
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 MOS have been released in the US this week.

Posts: 133 | Location: Morristown, TN USA | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To each his own, but I just don't see the benefit to having an optic on smallerr pistols that are carried for self defense. Even with less than perfect eyesight, is an optic really going to make a difference inside of seven yards? Or would an optic really be that beneficial inside a home?
Within the narrow parameters of close up, quick, down and dirty self defense, I don't understand the optics craze.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
did I miss somewhere in here why you can't just mill a slide? I like MOS but when I've needed a non MOS glock slide to have an optic I just have it milled. Like lots of them. never an issue. it there something special about the 26?

I actually did. ATEI did a fine job on mine. I find the 26 to be way more shootable than the 43x or 48 MOS.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Figure it's about time for the yearly inquiry into this pistol.. Big Grin

Anyone have any scuttle-butt if/when this might hit the states?

My local LE sales folks in NE Arkansas just received 25 of them. I'm probably going to buy one this Friday. I imagine they'll be widespread in the civilian market ASAP, if not already.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NGX in Newington had a 26 gen5 MOS in the case yesterday.

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
If you’re tired of waiting, there’s always the FN509c MRD. Comparable in size to the G26

Any updates? Know a shot show attendee who got to try one. Even checked my blue label dealer, and haven't seen any.
[/QUOTE]

I have a gen 3 G26, & G19 mos rmr, and then a few other compact options. I'm looking aand trying a hellcat nest.

While a optic adds a bit of size, I'm at the age where I can see distance fine, but need reading glasses, but the vision at the gun sight distance is fading , and always wearing glasses doesn't help. My G19 changes that, and the new green HD sights have helped. New gen optics basically bring me back to myself 20 years ago. So a G26 mos would be my perfect summer option.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

My local LE sales folks in NE Arkansas just received 25 of them. I'm probably going to buy one this Friday. I imagine they'll be widespread in the civilian market ASAP, if not already.

Already on Gunbroker. Looks like they're going for about $60 over normal Gen5 Glock 26 prices. Not sure if that's the MOS pricing or just "pay more to be the first to have" price.

I'll probably wait until the newness wears off then snag one. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are hundreds of these guns in stock at every major distributor. Cost is exactly the same as a 17/19/45/47 MOS. Don't pay a new gun premium on these...they're readily available.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
LOL no worries - Gunbroker just happened to be the first place I saw one in the wild and in stock.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL no worries - Gunbroker just happened to be the first place I saw one in the wild and in stock.

I have a bit of a tic about seeing people needlessly overpay for stuff and a bigger one seeing a seller potentially take advantage of somebody.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:

Already on Gunbroker. Looks like they're going for about $60 over normal Gen5 Glock 26 prices. Not sure if that's the MOS pricing or just "pay more to be the first to have" price.

I'll probably wait until the newness wears off then snag one. Big Grin

Dealer cost is $71 more for the MOS versions so if its only $60 more than standard 26 that's not bad. MAP is 620 on them just like every other Gen 5 MOS model so I assume this is what you will see them for everywhere since they are readily available. Glock prices don't ever really change so they'll be $620 today, tomorrow, next year (barring some sort of gun crisis)

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post