SIGforum
M&P Performance Center or Apex trigger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1210021884

January 01, 2022, 04:09 PM
Ironmike57
M&P Performance Center or Apex trigger
I just purchased a new M&P 5" Performance Center gun with the slide and barrel cuts. I "like" the trigger out of the box, but it is not what what I was expecting. Way too much takeup.

Has anyone with a 2.0(before the flat trigger) installed the Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger Kit?
Was it a major improvement? Worth the expense?
I am considering such a move. Fun gun only, not to be carried.
Thank you.
January 01, 2022, 11:53 PM
dry-fly
Apex knocks it out of the park, imo. I’ve had several M&P’s including 2.0’s with their triggers. Night and day difference.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
January 01, 2022, 11:59 PM
sns3guppy
I went with the apex trigger. Nothing wrong with the factory one, but the apex kit allows you a full range of trigger pulls, isn't hard to install with a bit of patience, and comes up with a trigger that makes the PPQ seem rough.

I installed the apex kit in a M&P 2.0, and my wife claimed it. I haven't seen it since. (I think she also liked the grip that stuck to the hand, like velcro).
January 02, 2022, 06:13 AM
venenoindy
the Apex trigger takes it to an other level, in my opinion is well worth the investment.
January 02, 2022, 06:33 PM
jjc
I had the 2.0 compact, not a performance center gun. I thought the trigger was good, especially for a home defense/range gun. I considered take up my friend I want room before I hit the wall, after the first shot take up doesn't matter reset takes over for all the other shots. I think Apex is the right choice for anyone that wants a really good trigger for competition but for the rest of shooting I think it's overkill.IMO
January 02, 2022, 07:38 PM
jljones
Apex.

There is no such thing as “overkill” when it comes to trigger control.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"