SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    To 2011 or not?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To 2011 or not? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The trigger isn’t “nicer” it’s just different.
I think this is the first time I've ever seen anybody say that in the context of comparing any striker-fired pistol's trigger to that of a good 1911/2011 trigger

Of course I'm assuming it was a Staccato you tried and it had a typical Staccato trigger: +-3-1/2 lbs., with imperceptible, if any, creep.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Exactly! It isn't light at all.
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
I bought a Staccato P last year and use it for comps and EDC (yup, large but it works). Absolutely love it! Shots fabulously and zero issues. Now getting a C2 for EDC. As for their CS, no problems with them at all, have been very responses with any questions I may have. As mentioned, you can also buy direct from Dawson which is also very good CS and parts for it.

I also carried the P for almost two years until I got the C2. Definitely doable with the right holster. Biggest issue was weight, not size.

Posts: 770 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
JL, what is your agency's policy or training with a 2011/1911 and taking the thumb safety off-if there is one? Just curious what the norm is.
quote:
We are T&Eing them at work.

My take on it is that I can shoot a better group at 50 yards and a slightly better group at 25 yards. Than that of a Glock 17.

That really seems to be the only edge I can find. The trigger isn’t “nicer” it’s just different.

Unless something changes, I’ll stick with the Glock RMR combo.

Posts: 770 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Bought a Staccato P earlier this year and it has quickly become my absolute favorite 9mm pistol, over my Glocks, Sigs, etc. I simply shoot it better than the rest of them, it feels great. And prior to my purchase, my favorite handgun was my Wilson Combat CQB (.45acp), the 1911 platform suits me best. In fact, I have kitted an EDC X9L, not a true 2011, but similar. Should be ready in April or so. I have already sold a couple of Glocks and plan to sell more, just keeping a G43 and a G19. I was a little apprehensive about the whole 2011 thing, with the stories of mags problems, awful grip, etc. The Staccato has none of those issues, the mags have been 100% spot on.

So I guess I'm "switching" rather than "adding on". I'm a convert.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I got to a condition that made me unable to shoot in comp. I shot everything. A good friend shot 2011's I shot Sig 320 Legions. Frankly I much preferred the Sig plus I shot better with it. My friend borrowed my Legion and never shot better. He's in the process of changing over from the 2011 to the Legion. The Sig just has more to offer and you can be a average guy and not a gunsmith, not even taking into consideration that the Sig is way cheaper, in fact you can own 2 to 3 Legions for the price of a decent 2011. I can't shoot comp. any more but it's a joy to shoot all my Sig 320's and I'm at the range often. The Legion has a fantastic trigger I see no difference in scoring between the two

Posts: 113 | Registered: December 01, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
The trigger isn’t “nicer” it’s just different.
I think this is the first time I've ever seen anybody say that in the context of comparing any striker-fired pistol's trigger to that of a good 1911/2011 trigger

Of course I'm assuming it was a Staccato you tried and it had a typical Staccato trigger: +-3-1/2 lbs., with imperceptible, if any, creep.

Well, to put it with a little context, I’m a trigger control snob. The feedback that a given trigger system gives is more important to me than weight, crispness, etc. I do not personally like trigger systems that are light and give little or no feedback on the prep. A 5 pound Glock trigger is more shootable to me as long as it is smooth.

Can I go fast and slap the crap out of a Staccato? Yep. Can I go fast and slap the crap out a Glock, M&P or SIG? Yep. But, going slow and rolling through a Glock trigger gives me far more control than a light 1911 trigger. Especially on technically hard shots or shots that require more focus and attention.

I think I shoot better groups at distance with the Staccato because the gun is just way more inherently accurate than the Glock.

I also do think that in 10,000 or 15,000 rounds the Staccato will still hold the accuracy where the Glock will start to open up. But, for little or nothing, I can drop a new barrel in or just get issued a new gun.

The G17/RMR/Surefire set up for me is one of the best systems out there. Some of my guys want the Staccato, and I’m behind them 100 percent. Even if I don’t see the advantage, if it makes them feel as if they can perform better, or if it actually makes them perform better, I’m their biggest advocate.

I guess to sum it up, this is why I have always been drawn to the DA/SA. It gives me a lot of feedback and allows me to shoot very few points down on drills like the Super Test, and keeps Bill Drill times under 2.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
JL, what is your agency's policy or training with a 2011/1911 and taking the thumb safety off-if there is one? Just curious what the norm is.
quote:
We are T&Eing them at work.

My take on it is that I can shoot a better group at 50 yards and a slightly better group at 25 yards. Than that of a Glock 17.

That really seems to be the only edge I can find. The trigger isn’t “nicer” it’s just different.

Unless something changes, I’ll stick with the Glock RMR combo.

We do not have one as of yet. The guns aren’t even approved (if they will ever be I don’t know) for duty use. If we do approve them (in six months to a year), they will be restricted to personal purchase options for units assigned to SWAT.

I’m just in a team leaders slot and oversee all of the T&E.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post