SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365X Macro or Macro Comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365X Macro or Macro Comp Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
I have a Sig P938 as my pocket carry, but my main carry pistols have been HK P30L and HKP2000SK.

The P365X Macro has really caught my attention and I am thinking about adding it. I would appreciate insight from any of you guys that have one.

Thanks!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I have the X Macro Tacops but have yet to take it to the range. I expect it to shoot reliably as my trusty original P365. But, strictly from the handling standpoint, it's wonderful. With 17-rd-capacity-long grip, you will have no problem getting all your fingers on it, even with big hands. And, you can adjust the grip to fit your hand to your liking with the 3 interchangeable back straps (S, M, L). This is just personal preference, but I would rather have it with the standard curve trigger.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have the Macro Comp and love it. Well, I actually have 2 of them but I swapped the comp slide onto a P365XL frame and that is my daily carry gun now.

At first it doesn't feel like the comp does much but after putting around 1Krds through it, I can say without a doubt my follow up shots are quicker.

I was always one of those guys that said if I could only own 1 handgun it would be a Glock 19. Well that's out the window and if I could only own 1 gun now it would be a P365XL frame with a Macro Comp slide/barrel.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I have the X Macro Tacops...

Thanks, OR.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I have the Macro Comp and love it. Well, I actually have 2 of them....

Thanks, sigarms. I appreciate the insight on the comp.

BTW, I just saw new accounts of another 320 ND, this time in a police station. I am assuming the 365 doesn't share the same internals.

posted Hide Post
The slide is the same length for either so I went with the extra .6” barrel.
I’ve sold all my Glocks. The XMACRO is all that.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zero1911:

Thanks. And wow, that is a huge endorsement!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Thanks. And wow, that is a huge endorsement!

For what it’s worth
The trigger in my 3.7 XMACRO TACOPS is great and the trigger on my 3.7 XMACRO feel mushy just like my P365XL.
Not sure if there’s anything different about the TACOPS for the trigger to be so noticeably better.

Posts: 92 | Location: NM | Registered: May 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am assuming the 365 doesn't share the same internals.

The 365 has different internals.

quote:
The XMACRO is all that.

I agree with Zero1911. If I was going to need a gun in hand right now, I would pickup my XMACRO over any of my Glocks.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
For what it’s worth
The trigger in my 3.7 XMACRO TACOPS is great and the trigger on my 3.7 XMACRO feel mushy just like my P365XL.
Not sure if there’s anything different about the TACOPS for the trigger to be so noticeably better.

I've had 5 or 6 of the original P365s, now. And now, the Macro Tacops. In my case, they all have so so triggers, not what I would even call good. But the Tacops' trigger is the "mushiest" of them all. These are all mass produced, not Mastershop, guns, so they didn't receive any special attention in terms of trigger action.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P365 FCUs are supposedly all the same with the only exception being the TiN gold coating on the custom shop versions and the curved vs flat trigger on the “X” versions.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, SIG also makes running changes/improvements so it’s impossible to keep track. In general, any differences in trigger feel between out-of-the-box P365s are due to manufacturing variation.

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And to address the OP, I have a P365 XL, XMacro Comp and TacOps. I honestly think the longer-barreled TacOps is the way to go for self-defense. It’s also less expensive than the XMacro Comp, comes with four magazines (2 more than XMacro Comp) and some other nice features like extended slide release and magwell (removable). You get slightly more muzzle velocity and more consistent performance from hollow point bullets.

The Comp makes a noticeable, but slight, difference in muzzle rise. It’s also perceptibly louder, with more blast, during indoor shooting. The 3.1” barrel is near the minimum length for many 9mm defensive ammo.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. I appreciate all of these responses. It's a big help.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross:
I honestly think the longer-barreled TacOps is the way to go for self-defense. It’s also less expensive than the XMacro Comp, comes with four magazines (2 more than XMacro Comp)

Sig now sells the longer barrel XMacro in a package with 2 magazines with no mag funnel. Its the cheapest way to get this pistol. Model number 365XCA-9-BXR3

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Sig now sells the longer barrel XMacro in a package with 2 magazines with no mag funnel. Its the cheapest way to get this pistol. Model number 365XCA-9-BXR3

Good point! The cheapest XMacro now has MAP of $650 and also a manual safety option. The TacOps is $100 more at $750 with two more mags, extended slide release and magwell. If those features aren't needed, then why pay more?

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I went with the TacOps over the Macro. Didn’t even consider the smaller 3.1” barrel models. Biggest deciding point for me was the difference in the grip module over the smaller size modules. My middle finger joint comfort was paramount in my decision with the larger modules together with the seventeen round capacity and the accompanying larger grip. My hands seem to be a bit on the larger size. The trigger guard “cut” is a little different but enough to make a large change in comfort.

I decided against the comped slide early on in the selection process. Also helps that I work at a dealer that sells a lot of Sigs also so I could fondle and test them out as I desired.

My first hundred rounds went through it with no hiccups, to me a good sign. Also the revised slide release was a plus, I fumble with the smaller ones.

Pleased with my choice.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have, I think, 6 of these in various flavors. One used to be a Macro. Turns out for my hand the Wilson Combat X grip module comfortably fits all my little piggies so the extra length of the Macro was lost on me. All my Macro parts went into other non Macro guns. Even the Macro mags got the bigger baseplate and I use them on my X sized 365’s. Beauty of modularity.

As to your 320 question. I think they are safe. I think they are less safe than other options. I think if you carry a 320 complacency, bad technique, or poor choice of holsters might be your downfall. As to 320 vs 365 guts. They don’t share parts or the same design but clearly the 365 is family just by looking at the overall design.

The 320 is said by detractors to be unsafe due to its fully cocked striker, short trigger pull, and no trigger dingus (Glock safe action-ish). I will point out that the 365 is a fully cocked striker, short trigger pull, and no trigger dingus. The 365 though offers a very quick (and reversible) option to add a Manual Safety (MS). I have done so to all my 365’s.

In theory the 365 should have just as many “uncommanded firings” (I don’t think the 320 has had any of these post the drop safe fix) yet they don’t seem to have any. Seems odd doesn’t it? These things are possibly the most carried ccw in America and function nearly the same as a 320 but don’t have a bad rep. My opinion? It’s a bad cop gun. Most cops aren’t gun guys. They carry guns. Big difference. 320’s are very intolerant of poor choice, bad holsters, complacency, etc. A guy coming off a long double doesn’t need a gun that requires “more than” imo. I would carry one confidently. I wouldn’t pick it for my agency (I don’t have an agency this is my theoretical). That’s just me.

BTW, I put safeties on mine because I carry appendix. I only carry appendix with hammer guns or strikers with safeties. That’s my choice, I’m comfortable with my reasoning.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I have the Macro Comp and love it. Well, I actually have 2 of them but I swapped the comp slide onto a P365XL frame and that is my daily carry gun now.

At first it doesn't feel like the comp does much but after putting around 1Krds through it, I can say without a doubt my follow up shots are quicker.

I was always one of those guys that said if I could only own 1 handgun it would be a Glock 19. Well that's out the window and if I could only own 1 gun now it would be a P365XL frame with a Macro Comp slide/barrel.

I second this setup, macro comp slide on xl grip module. I’m using a Wilson Combat grip module. This is my favorite setup.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the X-Macro (non-comped) and it is awesome. That little extra... everywhere. I shoot it better than my stock 365, or my Glock 43...

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post