SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther CCP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther CCP Login/Join 
posted
Since the CCP in 9mm first appeared at my LGS, I bought one and despite the problematic take down and delicate cleaning of the piston system, I really enjoy shooting it. Then there came the CCP M2 in 380. the Range opened up today and I took it for a shoot...wow! No felt recoil! easy to shoot accurately at 10yrds and 15Yrds; only eight rounds per magazine; But after 200rounds of ball fmj, I declare it a winner for me.
Anyone have a similar experience?

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't know they made it in 380.

Is it any smaller? I'm assuming not, since the ammo is just shorter.

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a low recoil shooter but there is not much demand for large 380 acp pistols. If people are going to shoot a less powerful round they want it to be small like a LCP. At least the CCP is smaller than the Hi-Point 380!

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The 9mm Walther CCP has been discussed before, including my negative review. Agree with the last poster, I want the best round possible and 380 ACP is marginal.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought the M2 model, I was intrigued by the gas piston. Nothing really outstanding about this pistol. The trigger is awful and a deal breaker for me. The slide has a stylized pyramid shape which makes it a little more difficult to rack. The much touted grip is nothing special but OK. Field Stripping and assembly is a PITA but you get used to it.Sights are very fragile, being made of soft nylon. NRA has done two articles, rating it favorably. Lot of better pistols our there.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Sounds like a low recoil shooter but there is not much demand for large 380 acp pistols. If people are going to shoot a less powerful round they want it to be small like a LCP. At least the CCP is smaller than the Hi-Point 380!

I'm not so sure about that. Lately, guns like the CCP .380 and the Shield EZ .380 have seen a rise in popularity among an older crowd and women who don't have the hand strength/coordination to rack a traditional slide.

And ... at 61, I'm also looking down the road at similar circumstances as I continue to age. As they say, the alternatives are less favorable.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
B/c of the piston design, the recoil spring difference between the 380 ACP and 9mm Walther CCP is negligible. Walther even advertised the low slide racking resistance of its 9mm CCP.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
Since the CCP in 9mm first appeared at my LGS, I bought one and despite the problematic take down and delicate cleaning of the piston system, I really enjoy shooting it. Then there came the CCP M2 in 380. the Range opened up today and I took it for a shoot...wow! No felt recoil! easy to shoot accurately at 10yrds and 15Yrds; only eight rounds per magazine; But after 200rounds of ball fmj, I declare it a winner for me.
Anyone have a similar experience?

Glad to hear you like your new pistol and hope you continue to enjoy it.

The low recoil and light racking force related to a 380 chambering address issues that limit a number of people's gun ownership.

The piston system is intriguing because it allows a lower bore axis and a fixed barrel as compared to the Browning system. I found those features desirable in my P7.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
my mom loves hers. Easy to rack the slide. the new version has an improved take down

Posts: 7803 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post