SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Surefire XC1-C
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surefire XC1-C Login/Join 
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted
Does anybody know what they changed besides the mount (which I hated on my original xc1) and they added a tether to the battery cap. According to surefire, emailed them a few months back, it will fit holsters for the xc2. I'm interested in giving this one a try (original xc1 I had years ago I didn't care for), but holding off on being a beta tester since surefire seems more focused on their turbo series of lights.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Definitely
NOT Banned
Picture of teombe
posted Hide Post
I believe the switch is also different, but I'm not sure how. It doesn't take much to improve on the 1st generation XC1's though.

Posts: 2044 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: February 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teombe:
It doesn't take much to improve on the 1st generation XC1's though.
[Andrew Dice Clay] OOOOW! OOOOW! [/Andrew Dice Clay]

Posts: 107626 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Never bought anything besides surefire until this year. The little XC1 and the feedback I got from this forum contributed.

Part of me feels bad but it’s the way things go. Probably silly to be so stubborn given how much my X300s tend to irritate me.

I’ve since bought 3 Streamlights and won’t be so tunnel-visioned in the future.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Probably silly to be so stubborn given how much my X300s tend to irritate me.
The XC1 is a poor design but this has nothing to do with the X300. I've been using the Surefire X-series lights on my Glocks since they were introduced in 2004/2005. The only deficiency I've found in this series of WMLs is the low output of the early models but that reflects the state of the technology at the time.

The mounting system is solid and reliable, the switching system is reliable, the circuitry is reliable, the housing is aluminum, and these days, the X300 puts out light like there's no tomorrow.

And with regards to the mounting system- if the "A" series slide-on lockbar system will not work well on a particular firearm, Surefire offers an alternative- the clamp-on "B" series.

Pray, tell us what you find so irritating about what IMO the best pistol WML available today.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Mushy activation switches. On every single one, making momentary activation very hit or miss.

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teombe:
It doesn't take much to improve on the 1st generation XC1's though.

Truth. What a stinker.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mushy activation switches. On every single one, making momentary activation very hit or miss.
What I've noticed on my two Streamlights is that the switches are far easier than my Surefire WMLs to activate inadvertently.

It seems to me that Surefire designed the X-300 switch to avoid this, as the switch requires a firmer press. I have no problem activating my Surefire WMLs momentarily. The only time I've activated these lights inadvertently is when I'm handling empty pistols for disassembly, cleaning and the like.

I can't say the same for my Streamlight WMLs.

Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
What I've noticed on my two Streamlights is that the switches are far easier than my Surefire WMLs to activate inadvertently.

It seems to me that Surefire designed the X-300 switch to avoid this, as the switch requires a firmer press. I have no problem activating my Surefire WMLs momentarily. The only time I've activated these lights inadvertently is when I'm handling empty pistols for disassembly, cleaning and the like.

I can't say the same for my Streamlight WMLs.

I only have 1 Streamlight WML to compare, the TLR7A, for me it has much more positive clicks on the switches. I also prefer the push forward of the Streamlight buttons over the push down on the Surefire for it to stay on.

I say all this not to say the X300 isn't a good light. I own 3 and will likely always own 3. But to say I shouldn't have been so stubborn that I didn't try something else for years. I'm also not saying I will NEVER buy another Surefire. I still haven't convinced myself to buy another brand for long gun lights.

See ^ Stubborn!. But the M-Series of Surefire lights haven't presented any of the little nuances I have come to dislike like the X300s have.