SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thoughts on Ruger Max9?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on Ruger Max9? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
PSA has a deal on them. Thought it might be a good backup, knock around gun.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
backup, knock around gun

For what you want it for, and the price PSA is asking, it's a solid deal. I always thought the value with the Max 9 was the sights they include. I haven't found one locally without a manual safety, though.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Here in CA we only get them with a giant LCI along the top of the slide, and NO optics mount. So I opted for a P365...for which I could have bought two of the Max 9's. (Regrets...I have a few...)

Now that they sell an optic cut slide separately, I wish I'd tried the Max 9. The only issue I've seen is the trigger safety can get a little wobbly, and move to the side as the trigger is pulled, then bind up against the underside of the frame / FCU.

For the price, you can buy the gun, an aftermarket trigger, and still be ahead. One last point, Ruger has some of the best customer service in the market.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought one because my local place had them for 249.99, I thought for that price and 2 mags it was worth a chance, I just got it a few weeks back and have not had a chance to run any rounds thru it. I didn’t need it but for that price it was too hard to pass up. Without firing, I do like it very much as far as trigger, sights and fit. I have already put Talon grips on it… time will tell.

Posts: 456 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have one and replaced the trigger with one from Galloway precision. It’s a sold performer and low cost alternative to a basic P365.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Ruger assumed, incorrectly probably, that everyone would trade in their LC9s Pros for the Max9. I like the trigger (now), assuming it's similar, but I just carry 2 extra mags Big Grin

Posts: 3521 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post