SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 Login/Join 
posted
I'd like to purchase a Sig 1911 just to add to my collection of various 1911 manufacturers. My only experience with Sig is the M17. This would not be for carry and only occasional target shooting so adjustable sights are optional but full size is mandatory and a rail is not preferred. I am considering the basic stainless without rail. Is this a decent model? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: Missouri Ozarks  | Registered: July 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum.
I think many folks here will tell you that Sig makes an excellent 1911. I love mine.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1905 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I have the basic stainless version in commander length called the Stainless Carry. It's been perfectly reliable since I bought it in 2011 - even with mixed ammo in the magazine. Even with a Wilson Shock Buffer it has never failed to cycle anything I've put through it. When I carry a .45, it's usually this. Mine has been upgraded with Cylinder and Slide parts. Trigger pull is the best I've ever had in any pistol.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack the thread too much, but are the current 1911s Series 80 or have they stopped putting in the firing pin block?

Posts: 4200 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have posted before I have two Sig 1911's, a Max Michel and Stainless Super Target. Both have been flawless since day 1 with all ammo including my handloaded JHP's. Super accurate and fun to shoot. My only changes: STI Recoil master Guide Rods for both and changed out that huge mag funnel on the Max.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
This is an early GSR Custom Carry. Terrific gun. I prefer a commander size to a full size 1911.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a TTT that is just perfect !

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post