SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Undercut P365 Trigger Guard?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Undercut P365 Trigger Guard? Login/Join 
posted
Happy Father’s Day upcoming to everyone.
Have any of you undercut your 365 trigger guard?
If so, I’d appreciate hearing the details and how you found it worked out.
I keep going back to my G43, and it finally hit me that I think part of it is the 365’s trigger guard is bigger top to bottom than I’d like.
Thanks in advance,
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I can’t fold my middle finger back far enough for it to make any difference to me, but I’d still be interested in the replies.

By modifying the undercut I assume you’re referring only to removing material straight back, and not up as well. I can’t see being able to go up any significant amount without getting into the magazine catch channel.

But the thickness between the front of the undercut and the magazine well also seems to be pretty thin. In looking at the factory grip module and the Wilson Combat model, I believe the WC cut is more pronounced, but if it’s not my imagination, it’s very minor: maybe a millimeter.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund,
Thanks for the right on observations.
Good point about the location of the magazine release limiting how much one could do.
I think the WC module does indeed accomplish this somewhat. It seems the angle from the lowest part of the trigger guard to the back of the trigger guard is a bit steeper, which allows a higher grip. I think that is the reason I like the WC, even more than its increased girth. But I do wonder if even more could be done.
Unlike your hands, mine are small, and getting my middle finger higher up really might make the Sig feel like it has more of a “lower bore axis”.
Scott

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post