Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Member |
I have several other sig models and this has NEVER come up as a question on any of them. I just purchased a P229 Elite. Went on line looking to order a couple extra mags. I see 10 rd, 13 rd, &15 rd. Then I see in description... E2, updated 229 models, 229-1, E2, and Legacy model??? This is the one I purchased: https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...__SID=U#.XuvaBS2-mfA My preference is 15 rd but, do I get, E2 / updated 229-1. https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ne-marked-229-1.html Or legacy. https://www.sigsauer.com/store...ine-229-9-15-rd.html Or, do I have to stick with the 13 rd it came with https://www.sigsauer.com/store...rd-9mm-magazine.html I purchased 21 rd mags for my M17, 12 rd mags for my 365 but both examples extended the mags. All of the above appear to fit flush. Help please What a great group looking out for each other. Magazines ordered and picked up a couple other toys from Greg Cote.This message has been edited. Last edited by: NMDave, Dave _________________________ Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the people doing it!!! | ||
|
| Member |
I get all my mags here. $25 ea for these. https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...ar7ndpj8avim6k85m2p4 | |||
|
Member![]() |
I bought some mags for my P229 Elite which uses the 228 style mags. They were 15 rd mags and I got them from Meg Gar. I think I paid 34.50 for each mag. The Sig mags are 13 rd mags. I was told Meg Gar is the "Gold Standard" for aftermarket mags and looking them over, they are very high quality. I bought 3 new Sig mags on Gun Broker and paid 80.00 for the three. Sig mags from Sig are 50.00 apiece. I buy the P228 mags as they fit perfect. The 229-1 mags are no bueno for our guns. | |||
|
Oriental Redneck![]() |
Make it simple. For your gun (P229 Classic Carry), stay away from the 229-1/E2 mag, and you're gtg. Q | |||
|
| Member |
THANKS YET AGAIN Dave _________________________ Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the people doing it!!! | |||
|
| Member |
I also vote for the P228 Mecgar 15-18 round magazines you can get at many places online for 20-29 bucks apiece for your Legacy P229. Those would also work if you had a P229-1 but there would be some play. I like Gun Mag Warehouse, good prices cheap shipping.... (Mec-Gar P228 18 round w/+3 baseplate below, link isn't titled correctly) https://gunmagwarehouse.com/me...d-magazine-2189.html (or 15 round flush) https://gunmagwarehouse.com/me...-round-magazine.html | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

