SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Small weapon light recommendations.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small weapon light recommendations. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Do you guys like the high or low switches more?
It depends upon the pistol.

On my G19, I started out favoring the high switch but fairly quickly I changed out to the low switch. I found that I was frequently activating the light inadvertently with my trigger finger. Now I have the low switch on both sides and I find them to be close to perfect.

I have an older TLR-7A (the one pictured on page one) mounted on a Walther PPQ, and the low switch would not work for me; too far of a reach. Someone with very large hands or long fingers would be able to use the low switch on the PPQ, but in my case, I need the high switch. I think this would be the case for most shooters, because my hands are not small.

So, you'll just have to mount the light on your pistol and give it a try. With the newer TLR-7A, this is a breeze, takes no time at all to change out the switches. With the older TLR-7A, you had to remove the light from the pistol because you were changing out the switch body, unless you use the paperclip method I described.

With the newer TLR-7A, Streamlight provides a tool which serve the same purpose as the paperclip, of drifting the transverse pin enough to remove a switch, and as I indicated earlier, the new design does not have an external coil spring under each switch, which is very small and can get lost in a heartbeat.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it going to come down to your individual fingers and that specific handgun. That's why it's good that they're customizable.

Personally, I have big hands, and prefer High switches on both the Glock and P320. But that doesn't mean I might not prefer Low switches on a different type of handgun.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I prefer the high switches I have fairly short fingers and they work well for me using either offhand thumb or trigger finger if necessary. You will figure out what works for you.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post