SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 342PD - Use, care, maintenance - advice appreciated
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 342PD - Use, care, maintenance - advice appreciated Login/Join 
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
We used to load the wadcutters backwards so the hollow base would act as a massive hollow-point.

Between the unpleasant recoil and the 5-shot capacity I'm much happier with my P365.

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Federal Gold Match wadcutters. Work just fine. The POA and POI work, and the recoil is mild.

Thank you. Will give them a try.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rmfnla:
We used to load the wadcutters backwards so the hollow base would act as a massive hollow-point.

Between the unpleasant recoil and the 5-shot capacity I'm much happier with my P365.

Agree 100%. That’s what is with me all the time, but would like an occasional light option.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have owned mine since they were new. Carry a 365xl now usually BUT as you mention NOTHING beats the lightweight and size of the little 342PD. Its the smallest lightest snub .38 ever made . Many good recommendations here on cleaning and loads. It hurts to shoot with stronger loads but it carries VERY well in any type of clothing and will get the job done. Ole Jerry Michulek can hit dimes at 100 yards upside down with em (wink wink). Wont ever sell mine.....

Posts: 543 | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post