SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A question for you GHM9 owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for you GHM9 owners Login/Join 
posted
Simply, are you happy with your grass hopper mouse or would you rather have saved a little more to grab the apc9?
I've had my heart set on an apc9 for a while now but a gen 2 ghm9 popped up in the lgs the other day and it got me thinking... what could the APC do that the GHM can't?

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have the Ghm9 and have a APC9K on the way. I did so because of the difference in brace(it has the folding instead of the retractable tailhook on my GHM), reciprocating handle, interchangeable grip, and the size. I don't think the APC have much difference. I know that the quality is slightly better on the APC.

Give me a few weeks and some warmer weather..and I might be able to tell ya. We are expecting 9 to 12" of snow Tuesday through Wednesday.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the short answer is currently no. The longer answer is ask me in the next 2-4 weeks. I have a GHM9 Gen 2 which is supposed to have fixed the issue with hollow points vs the Gen 1. It didn’t, at least for mine and some other owners of Gen 2’s per some other forums that you can search for if interested. With mine 147gr HST hollow points and rounds with a flat nose profile get hung up where the feed ramps meet the barrel. When I called my issue into B&T USA they immediately acknowledged my issue and indicated they needed it shipped back and would apply a fix of taking a small amount of material off the barrel in that location to prevent the rounds from getting hung up.

Outside of that I’m extremely happy with it and it’s performed flawlessly.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post