SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vintage Bullseye Shooter's Chest w/ Cartridge Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Bullseye Shooter's Chest w/ Cartridge Box Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I picked up this vintage bullseye shooter's chest with the accompanying wooden cartridge box for $20. I'm not sure if it was necessarily 'worth it' but I think it's damn cool. It will certainly make a great display piece in my gun room. The chest and ammo box came in my LGS with a Colt Police Positive .32 caliber revolver as well as a High Standard HD .22 LR pistol both of which are for sale in the LGS' used gun case. Sadly, the .45 auto had previously taken a hike. Attached are some photos with a close-up of the shooter's long forgotten tools of the trade. Enjoy!

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
The wood piece on the inside top is for a spotting scope.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For twenty clams, how could you have said "no"?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Tyler T-Grip made the deal!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! There are some old-time bullseye shooters at our club who still use setups very similar to that. One of the regulars gave me a tour of his (along with his sweet S&W Model 41 with both 22LR and .22 Short uppers), and it was neat seeing a lot of the stuff that was in there that I'd never heard of before. Carbon to blacken the sights, homemade apertures to hang off your shooting glasses, and a mount for a spotting scope amongst other things. Lots of paraphernalia particular to that sport.

Posts: 8539 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I've had a couple of the old shooting boxes, but use a plastic tote as my shooting box now days. It's not as cool as the old shooting boxes, but they're cheap and fairly waterproof if I want to haul one in the back of my truck.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post