SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The older I get, the more I go aflutter for "fu-fu"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The older I get, the more I go aflutter for "fu-fu" Login/Join 
posted
Well, I do have limits. But this one is squarely in the wheelhouse of excellent taste.

Came across this purdy single action on that ol' nasty auction site. A one-of-one "Jade Vaquero" created by Ruger for the benefit of the Cody Firearms Museum, who is auctioning it on GB in concert with this year's upcoming SHOT show. The current bid is already way more than I'd ever pay for a firearm, but I had to post a pic of this Ruger just because of how strikingly beautiful this creation is, at least to my eye. Before seeing this I hadn't realized that Ruger was capable of such exquisite work. Jade and 24k gold...never would've imagined.

EDIT: pic size fixed.

-MG

Posts: 2014 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the set-up and the professional photography makes it look real nice.

Q

Posts: 26489 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the jade grips I saw at a gun show. I thought I would buy them if I did not see anything more desirable. I didn't, but by the time I got back to that table, they had sold.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Nifty. Could be a cool gun from a movie or something.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3224 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a little much for me with the engraving and coloring, but I can appreciate the effort/craftsmanship involved.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2750 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Put me in for the KARMA for that revolver Razz Razz Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Pretty sure the set-up and the professional photography makes it look real nice.

Without a doubt. They got to get the price up high somehow. Nice looking gun.

Posts: 6904 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Before seeing this I hadn't realized that Ruger was capable of such exquisite work. Jade and 24k gold...never would've imagined.

That kind of work gets outsourced Certainly not done at Ruger Manufacturing

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Before seeing this I hadn't realized that Ruger was capable of such exquisite work. Jade and 24k gold...never would've imagined.

That kind of work gets outsourced Certainly not done at Ruger Manufacturing

Wonderful craftsmanship by a person with great artistic ability and esthetic judgment.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I think the jade grips look out of place on that revolver.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2094 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Some Wimmins have various types of jewelry, that’s ok.

I have more appreciation for a nice firearm, even at times when the practicality factor is low.

Posts: 6179 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The only problems with that Revolver are:

1. It is Priced out of my league.
2. Directly related to the first point, I will never own it.
3. If I did own it, I would shoot it and that may not be the best policy on such an awesomely festooned revolver.

Otherwise and cannot fault anyone for liking such a revolver. It is art.

Posts: 3162 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If it were a pair, this guy would have gotten them for his BBQ guns:

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17305 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I appreciate craftsmanship, but for me I have to shoot it. I can't run a museum, so the real pretty stuff isn't for me. You have to admire the skill.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27022 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post