SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Today's weirdness... Uberti Sharps Replica
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today's weirdness... Uberti Sharps Replica Login/Join 
posted
A perfect example of when "rare" doesn't necessarily mean "desirable", but I just couldn't resist!

Made in 1962 according to the proof marks, Uberti made Sharps 1A replica. Four single action rounds of the staggering powerhouse .22 Short caliber!

Not sure how many made it here before 1968 shut off import, but it was just cool enough to make me grab it. I know I see the original versions a lot more than the replicas.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
A perfect example of when "rare" doesn't necessarily mean "desirable", but I just couldn't resist!

Made in 1962 according to the proof marks, Uberti made Sharps 1A replica. Four single action rounds of the staggering powerhouse .22 Short caliber!

Not sure how many made it here before 1968 shut off import, but it was just cool enough to make me grab it. I know I see the original versions a lot more than the replicas.

Works just like the original, barrels slide forward to load.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
How long have you had it? I think unusual firearms are so much fun. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the double post, goofed up the edit function!

Really though this is just a cool example of a neat design. As far as I can tell so far, it it a realistic replica, and so gives me a chance to try out what was at one time considered a realistic self defense pistol.

Can’t wait to compare it to say a 49 colt or a Remington 95….

I just wish someone made a shootable replica of the Smith and Wesson No 1…

Bill R

Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
What a strange little creature! Hope you decide to shoot it and post your results.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool, I've never seen one of those before. Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking in Flayderman, Sharps made well over 60,000 of this type, plus some variations; well over 30,000 in .30 rimfire, and more than 10,000 in .32 rimfire.
A hundred thousand pocket pistols from 1859 til 1874 was doing pretty good business.
And it worked for Yancy Derringer, too.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
How’s that work? Does the firing pin rotate on the hammer automatically, moving each time it’s cocked?

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun!

I'd bet that one would have a story to tell.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
How’s that work? Does the firing pin rotate on the hammer automatically, moving each time it’s cocked?

Yes, firing pin rotates each time its cocked. half cock lets you depress the latch to slide the barrels forward to load.

Bill R

posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool. The older I get the more these items interest me. I would love to get a Pepperbox but my wants might be costly.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post