SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Coyote Tan Slides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Coyote Tan Slides Login/Join 
posted
Could anyone provide recommended procedures and products for repair of scratches on Sig Coyote Tan slides? I am unable to find any recommendations on the internet, and thus far have not received response from Sig Customer Service regarding my inquiry.

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I know of no touch ups for the finish.

What I would do is send it of to a refinisher like our forum member CCR/Cummings Custom Refinishers and have a more durable finish applied.

While I have not seen or held your particular slide Sig came out with a tan P229 Sport slide many years ago that was the absolute crap. They were limited release and looked nice when new but were the worst looking thing with any kind of wear/use. I almost bought one new but started seeing complaints and pictures of them used and they were the worst looking guns I have ever seen.

Contact Mary or Brad at CCR and they will hook you up. They run discount sales pretty regularly here in the classifieds that will save you some if your willing to wait.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustang-PaPa,

Yes Sir, CCR is a very good solution. If I am unable to repair the scratches myself, I am confident Brad can provide a lasting fix for my slide issue.

Thanks much for your recommendation.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
If you do come up with a solution please post back with what you figure out.

I have used touch up bluing pens on worn mags, slides and control parts but have never known of colors other then blueing or black.

The pens made me think of touch up paint pins for vehicle paints which are color matched. Wondering if you could find a color close to your slide color that might make it look better.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Is this finish PVD or Cerakote?

The M18 I just got is PVD. I was looking into the P365 slides but Sig does not say if they are PVD or Cerakote.

Regardless PVD or Cerakote I believe any blemish repair will be a cover up. FDE PVD does not hold up was well as the standard black that's for sure.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mbinky,

My research has led me to believe the Coyote Tan finish is PVD.

Mustang-PaPa has provided a great idea to "cover up" scratches/blemishes with Auto Touch-up Pen. I am going to pursue that idea and see where it leads.

Thanks to all.