SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gun is NOT Fun!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gun is NOT Fun!!! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
<<snip>>
I see Altamont makes a grip that fills that gap.

Would you mind sharing the link to it? I looked at their site but didn't see anything for the RIA line of revolvers. Thanks!!!

Posts: 4589 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Larry_K
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I had a Ruger LCR in .38 SPL for a while. They subsequently came out with one in .357 Mag. Saw that and thought "Srsly?"

I have one in .357 and it’s definitely NOT fun with mag loads but with 38sp my wife even likes it “a little bit” and it’s not bad at all. Only real gripe with the lcr is it’s a TAD large for true easy pocket carry for me.

Larry

Posts: 1295 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Ruger Blackhawk in .41 mag treated me the same way. Could not find a way to shoot it that didn’t hurt. I wanted to love it. Last summer I traded for a Single Seven. Knuckle gets a nudge, I’m so much happier.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
.357 mag in a 2-inch revolver is never a fun experience.

So I have discovered!

Nor is the NAA guardian in 380. I just put the Pachmayr Diamond Pro grip on the SP101. A range day dedicated to Recoil comparison sounds fun.

Posts: 3522 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted some of my thoughts on .357 revolvers in another thread here just yesterday, including my experience with the older Ruger Blackhawk, the Ruger GP-100 and SP-101, and several of the Colt snake guns, but in summary, I've found the recoil from magnum loads in the lighter (V frame) 3" King Cobra to be quite manageable. Yes, it's got some minor bark to it, but not intolerable by any means. And with the heavier (I frame) 4-1/4" Python, it's almost immeasurable!

When I first purchased my Python in 2020, I was literally stunned by how pleasant it was to shoot magnum loads, much more so than the equally heavy Blackhawk of old. Unfortunately, the Python is just ill-suited for concealed carry, whereas the KC is not.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin.

Posts: 30 | Location: USA | Registered: January 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post