SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinnest grip for 228
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinnest grip for 228 Login/Join 
posted
Title pretty much says it. I have medium size hands, but arthritis has got me liking the smallest
grip I can get on most any given pistol.
What is the thinnest grip available for my 228, in conventional slab panels? I assume that it’s going to be something from Hogue, but which one?
Thanks for 1st hand knowledge.

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skipper49:
What is the thinnest grip available for my 228, in conventional slab panels? I assume that it’s going to be something from Hogue, but which one?

The E2 grip is thinnest of all, but since it is out of the equation, any Hogue G10 or aluminum will be the next overall "thinnest". They all have the same dimensions (Checkered, Chain Links, Piranha). Just pick the pattern you like best. And just stay away from rubber and wood, as they are the bulkiest.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Couple wraps of saran wrap outta do it. Finish with one wrap of tin foil if you're partial to aluminum.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by skipper49:

The E2 grip is thinnest of all, but since it is out of the equation, any Hogue G10 or aluminum will be the next overall "thinnest". They all have the same dimensions (Checkered, Chain Links, Piranha). Just pick the pattern you like best. And just stay away from rubber and wood, as they are the bulkiest.

Thank you. That’s what I figured, but wanted to confirm. Hi ho, hi ho, it’s off to Hogue I go!
It’s just a bonus that they are great folks to deal with.
Thanks again.
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
The E2 grip is thinnest of all, but since it is out of the equation

I thought the E2 grips fit as long as you replace the mainspring with the shorter version with plastic seat.

* edit- NM, saw he wants slab sides.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Do you think the SIG P229 Slim Grips would fit the P228? I believe they are thinner even than the E2s. Of course SIG hasn’t made them in several years, but used ones occasionally pop up for sale. Frown

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put factory slims on a P-220 some time back, and the difference was surprising. I really liked them.

Skip

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased with the fit of the G10 checkered grips by Hogue on the P228 I own (thanks again to 12131!!!). Not sure if they're "thinner", but they sure feel good in the hand!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post